Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:57 pm Reply with quote

I tried to change my avatar today and it deleted the one in use but didnt replace it with the new one.

tried to upload new avatar and when that didnt work used an offsite link.

Neither worked.

Is there any reason it would suddenly stop workin so people can't change their avatars?

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:12 pm Reply with quote

Have you installed any mods that altered usercp_register.php or avatar.php?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:22 pm Reply with quote

The only thing I added was ravens KISGB for nuke, but couldnt get it to work.

I then removed the KISGB files to see if that had altered anything but couldnt see that it would have, anyway they're removed now and still got the avatar problem

You cant change avatars by uploading from your hdd, or putting an off site url or url to copy to the site.

The only thing that happened recently was the site was moved from my old hosting to Raven's but I can't see that would have altered anything.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:29 pm Reply with quote

It might be worth your time to check to ensure that the avatar folder is chmodded correctly. Also clear your browser cache

Muffin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote

Okey dokey will do

I had cleared the browser cache in IE and FoxFire but I'll check the folder chmod now just incase it's not set to 777.

The thing is it's not showing a white box with a red square in it, it's just not showing anything.

Will post back after I've checked the chmod permission.

Muffin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:48 pm Reply with quote

Right permissions on the Forums images folder was 755, and the 3 image folders inside were 755 too, so have set them all to 0777

Emptied the cache in my browser again and checked and the avatar still isn't showing.

Plus one of my mods has just posted that he can only view 'some' of the images on the site with his anti virus switched off. Not sure this is related but its more information lol

Any ideas what to try next?

Muffin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:52 pm Reply with quote

Sorted.

Checked it in IE and its showing now. FireFox for some reason is refusing to see the changes. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

Thanks Curtis. Must have been the permissions then. hehehe

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:54 pm Reply with quote

Firefox is that way... just clear all (cookies especially) in the privacy options and it will behave itself again. *LOL*

Muffin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Ya reckon??? lol

You know I still cant get FF to show all my smileys animated, even after uninstalling it and installing the latest version, doing all the updates and plugins, emptying ALL the cookies and the cache.

It's beginning to get a bit eccentric lol

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote

To be honest... I don't really care much for it. It is indeed a good browser though. Just not my favorite.

Muffin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:16 pm Reply with quote

Well I loved it when I first used it, version 0.7 but then with each upgrade it's got too finnicky for my liking.

It's easier to install and get the plugins etc now, but for some reason it doesnt run as smoothly as the earlier versions. Unless it's just my computer has taken a dislike to it.

The only reason I use it is because it's faster to load than IE.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote

Personally I don't like the way that it renders html. Way too finicky for my tastes. Plus there have been a few times where I have had to modify stuff in my htaccess files to get it to display pages without php errors.

Muffin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:28 am Reply with quote

Really?

Well it may be more secure than IE but to be honest it's getting very finicky as you say with other stuff now.

I think they had the right idea originally but now they seem to have gone off track a bit with it.

At this rate I'll change back to IE and put up with the slow loading.

Getting back to the avatar problem, had a member pm me today as he had changed his theme and his avatar didn't show up anymore.

Does this mean I need to chmod all the theme image folders now 0777 as well?

CurtisH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:07 am Reply with quote

I reall don't think that would effect that issue...but will have to look into it. Take a look at the forum.cfg for the theme he is using and see if it has a define statement for avatars in it.

Muffin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:33 am Reply with quote

okey dokey will do

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic