Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion
pimpoff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:20 pm Reply with quote

Hello, I recently moved my site to a host and now everything is working fine.. except the My_Uploads module which my members enjoy using doesn't work. What happens is that they can upload but since the ownership of the file is user apache I cannot delete it with ftp or using the delete function in My_Uploads. I emailed the host about this and they said that php uses apache as the user so i would have to use a perl script since that would allow deletion. Is there any way around this? I really like that module

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:14 am Reply with quote

If that were the case then everyone would be having that issue and I doubt that is the problem. I would challenge your host on it. Send me the link to get the file and I'll try it to see if it works for me.

pimpoff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:23 pm Reply with quote

I forgot the site where I got this new version of it, but ill put it on my apache. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Also I noticed the same thing if you try to use avatar upload aswell as last night when I set up coppermine. I know nothing is wrong with the My_Uploads module just their permissions seem weird.

edit: forgot to mention coppermine gallery

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:30 am Reply with quote

Did you chmod the directories and files that are needed by the script?

My first host didn't want me running upload scripts without passing them through him first.

pimpoff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Yes I did.. the thing is the script creates its own directories if needed and what happens is it can upload just fine but the upload can't be deleted by or the uploader. If I check with my ftp client then the owner of the file is apache rather then me. Host said because any php script will use that as the owner. Yet I can't delete files owned by apache.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion

View next topic
View previous topic