Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
Sfinxs
Client

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote

I deactivated all the modules that I don't want. I didn't delete it just in case I might need it later. How come after deactivation it still appears in module. I have 2 invisible modules and even one that says "none" and a few deactiviated modules that I want to not show up. How to do this?

Also I'm using this theme that when I click forum, 3 more left module backgrounds appear (without text). How to fix this?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quote

Regarding your first paragraph and question, I believe the only way for you to keep them from showing up in the list is to copy the directories off to someplace else so that they are not under modules directory.

My personal approach would be to compress the module directory and move it off to CD for safe keeping or somewhere else on my hard-drive instead of up in the modules directory of my PHP-Nuke site. HOWEVER, do NOT do this with the News module!

Don't know how to help you on the second question.

montego

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:30 pm Reply with quote

Thanks MonteGO!

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:24 am Reply with quote

What if there are things like statisics that I would like to see for myself but don't want others to see under the modules block. I see this

Invisible Modules
(Active but invisible link)

· None

Inactive Modules
(for Admin tests)

· FAQ
· Members List
· Statistics

How to make those things go away.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:48 pm Reply with quote

Sfinxs,

Let us take "Statistics" module as an example. You need to be in the admin area and click on Modules. Then, on the row that says "Statistics", towards the far right, you will see "Edit". Click that and then you will see where you can set up a module to have permissions of "All Visitors", "Registered Users Only" or "Admistrators Only".

To make something so that only YOU, the Admin can see, assign it the "Administrators Only" setting.

If you want more granular groups and assign registered users to specific groups, then you need something like NSN Groups from http://www.nukescripts.net/

Regards,
montego

P.S. You should read the "Nuke Manual" from THIS web site, under the Site Navigation block on the left. Sometimes it can take several readings! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic