Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
Sfinxs
Client

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:42 am Reply with quote

Ok, so I did read the faq but what file contains that theme script. I would like to change the default theme to something else. I'm trying to get some themes to add from nuke optimizer. Do I just upload the themes and thats it? To delete themes I just delete the theme folder correct? Anything I should be aware of? Thanks

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:34 pm Reply with quote

is this a joke ?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:38 pm Reply with quote

You don't want to delete the themes folder. To change the site's overall theme, login as admin and then select Preferences. There you will be able to change the them for all visitors. Registered users can change their themes too, via Your Account fucntion. New themes, if designed correctly, just drop into the themes folder.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:42 pm Reply with quote

yeah and watch out for double packed folders....
so that means.....

when you click on the theme folder the next thing you should see is the theme.php , images folder, style folder..etc...

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote

No its not a joke nerd. This is the first time I've even seen nuke. I just wanted to clear some space. I don't mean delete theme folder but I mean delete the specific themes that I don't like (to clear some space). Is that ok?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:18 pm Reply with quote

oh but your mistaken about one thing ,im no nerd....
its just a long time ago since i saw such a easy question....
as for the deleting part....sure go ahead......delete every theme you dont use,as long as you dont delete the one you using at the time.
and leave deepblue alone.

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote

keke thanks apprec it.

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:28 pm Reply with quote

watch out here come some brain teasers. I'll make a list to keep it simple.

- Is it ok to rename the themes once uploaded?
- Why can't I delete deepblue, is it because it's default?
- Can I delete it after I choose another theme for default?
- Any limit to the number of time I can use ftp transfer or amount I transfer ?(besides the amount of space I have on the server)

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:33 pm Reply with quote

- Is it ok to rename the themes once uploaded? NO ITS NOT O.K
- Why can't I delete deepblue, is it because it's default? YES
- Can I delete it after I choose another theme for default? NO
- Any limit to the number of time I can use ftp transfer or amount I transfer ?(besides the amount of space I have on the server)....NORMALY YOU CAN USE WHAT YOUR PROVIDER GIVES YOU....BUT YOU WILL NEVER REACH THE LIMIT..[/quote]

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Why can't I delete deepblue, is it because it's default?
- Can I delete it after I choose another theme for default?

You can delete any theme, including DeepBlue, as long as you have changed your Site default theme to a valid theme in Preferences.
Quote:
Any limit to the number of time I can use ftp transfer or amount I transfer ?(besides the amount of space I have on the server)
This is governed by the bandwidth and the space. If you exceed either, you will have to purchase more.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote

huh?
are you his host raven?
(as for deleting deepblue...ive seen weird things happening...default or not)

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote

btw I have a lot of questions. Is there a limit to the number of questions asked here. I'm not home until late so I don't have much time to read up. Just don't answer my questions when you don't feel like it. I will post all my theme questions in this post is that ok? I feel bad asking so many questions but this is my first time using all these services (ftp, nuke etc). Anyway give me your thoughts so I don't piss anyone off, especially you Rave.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
huh?
are you his host raven?
(as for deleting deepblue...ive seen weird things happening...default or not)
Yes, he hosts with me. As to deepblue, I have never seen any issues unless the theme (or any theme for that matter) that is used as the site default is deleted/changed while it is still listed as the default.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote

Sfinxs wrote:
btw I have a lot of questions. Is there a limit to the number of questions asked here. I'm not home until late so I don't have much time to read up. Just don't answer my questions when you don't feel like it. I will post all my theme questions in this post is that ok? I feel bad asking so many questions but this is my first time using all these services (ftp, nuke etc). Anyway give me your thoughts so I don't piss anyone off, especially you Rave.
This forum is really for specific theme related questions. Your questions are more about installation or even post-installation. I will create another forum titled Post Installation. And there is no limit, but I would encourage you to read the 2 nuke manual/setup links I sent you. Then, experiment. Read all the sticky notes in the Forums. Then, ask away Smile

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:09 pm Reply with quote

yup yup here we go. As hitman said my site is gone now that I deleted deep blue even though its no longer the default. What now?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:17 pm Reply with quote

Did you TEST your new theme before you made it the default? You can't test it while you're logged in because it uses your USER preferences. I just checked your configuration table and it still reads DeepBlue. You have to change it in Preferences, not Your Account. That's why it's gone, not because you simply deleted DeepBlue. I have restored your DeepBlue.

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:41 pm Reply with quote

yay! I'm such an idiot (yay to the site being back). Gracias Senor Ravenio Azules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic