Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
azism
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote

I can't access the product reviews portion of my phpNuke site. I get a listing of the reviews, but nothing displays when I select a review. When I select edit (logged in as Admin), I get the message "This function must be passed argument id, or you are not admin."

This is brand new since setting up Sentinel. I know I saw somehting about this somewhere in this forum, but can't locate it now. So, I will ask the question myself.

BTW, so far, this is the only instance of this I have encountered. Hopefully there aren't anymore.

Thanks.

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:12 pm Reply with quote

Remove the santy protection from the beginning of includes/sentinel.php its well commented and easy to spot. If you can use the mod rewrite solution provided in the santy worm thread.

azism

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:48 pm Reply with quote

Okay, I found the code in Sentinel.php. Now the reviews page works. Where's this santy worm thread. I don't seem to find anything that means anything to me.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:00 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

azism

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:10 pm Reply with quote

You have a comment in the thread about the "SOME-OTHER-PAGE.php". Okay, I have a file listed there. However, it is a shtml, which assumedly is fine. The question now begs to be asked, where should I put it. Or, can I code the entire path. If the entire path, with or without quotes?

azism

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:53 am Reply with quote

All has been working fine, until this morning. I needed to edit a User Account. When I try to go there, it says "Access Denied." I am logged as the administrator. I am using php-Nuke 7.4. How do I get around this error? First time I've tried this function since installing Sentinel.

Thanks in advance!

azism

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:51 am Reply with quote

Any idea on why "Access Denied" only when trying to go to "Edit Users"?
Bang Head

azism

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:54 am Reply with quote

I have noticed in the past couple days (can't say why not before) that I am seeing the Access Denied in more than just Edit Users. Although, the Edit Users is the most critical.

Would it be beneifcial for me to uninstall and reinstall Sentinel???

azism

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:22 pm Reply with quote

... bump...

I haven't heard anymore on this subject. I am still getting the error where I cannot edit my users. Right now the only way I can affect changes on my users is to go into the SQL database. Not what I really want to do.

The command is: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

And all I get is a blank screen with the words Access Denied in the upper lefthand corner.

HELP!!! Exclamation

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Just comment out the NukeSentinel code in mainfile.php. If the problem persists, it is not NukeSentinel related. Regardless, review this post to see if that may be at the root of your problems [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

azism

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote

Interesting. While doing this, I noticed the mod says "$forum_admin". If I go into the forum management, I can edit users. If I try it from the php-Nuke edit users, I get accessed denied. It happens with and without the Sentinel mod.

So, I guess what this says is that it isn't a Sentinel problem. Well, in May I will be off work for a few weeks after surgery. So at that time I will do an upgrade to php-Nuke 7.5 and redo things and see where we go from there.

Thanks for the help.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote

If you want to PM me your
Site URL, god adminid/pass
FTP Url, id/pass
phpMyAdmin url, id/pass

I will take a look.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Specifically, your code in modules/users.php has this code
Code:
$row = $db->sql_fetchrow($db->sql_query("SELECT radminuser, radminsuper FROM " . $prefix . "_authors WHERE aid='$aid'"));

if (($row['radminuser'] == 1) OR ($row['radminsuper'] == 1)) {

However, your nuke_authors table does not contain a column called 'radminuser', therefore it fails the query and won't allow you in. Either correct the table or remove the references to 'radminuser' and it should work. Donations are always welcomed and appreciated Wink

Last edited by Raven on Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total 
azism

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:01 pm Reply with quote

That's because that reference is in the Authors table, not the users table.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:22 pm Reply with quote

azism wrote:
That's because that reference is in the Authors table, not the users table.
That was a typo. That is your problem though. Fix it and it works just fine.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quote

Also, you did not have any God admins. I corrected the first one to God.

azism

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:32 pm Reply with quote

Wow, were you ever correct. A whole large section, in fact most of the Nuke_Authors tables columns were missing. What I ended up doing was going back through my backups until I found a backup showing the extra columns that were needed. Then I deleted the current authors table and recreated it from the backup script. Now things are working again. I wonder how some much of this particular table disappeared. It's apparently been this way for months.

Thanks Raven. You rock!!! worship

RavensScripts

P.S. Yes, you will be getting another donation from me!!!! A very well deserved donation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic