Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Movie Reviews
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:01 pm Reply with quote

I am (and have been) a hopeless romantic. I cry at happy endings. I love Astaire and Rogers (Shall we dance) and so I decided to rent Shall We Dance (remake or at least the story line). Now, the fact that J Lo is in it certainly didn't disuade me Smile. I have always thought that she is one of the most beautiful women in the world. Perfect complexion, amongst other things. Richard Gere is way out there in his 'sprituality', but I especially enjoy him and think he plays these romantic parts well (as with Julia Roberts).

The movie's cast did not excite me as I cannot stand Sarandon - period. I would have loved for him to have had an affair with J-Lo for that reason alone ROTFL. Or at least build the plot around the 2 of them falling in love as did Astaire/Rogers. Be that as it may, watching J-LO dance has convinced me of one thing for sure - I believe that she is much more talented than given credit for. She is more than great looks and derriere. The scene where she dances the Latin number with him, the night before the contest, has to be one of the most sensual/erotic scenes ever and with no nudity! I then watched all the extras, interviews, etc. and have come to the conclusion that the Director should have left most of the scenes in, that he cut. The movie has greatness in these scenes! The PussyCat Dolls - unbelievable.

Bottom line the acting is mediocre, the plot not my pick. But, J-LO and the music alone, save this movie. The dancing saves this movie. Margie (my wife) has agreed to let me add J-LO to my list of women to replace her, the moment they walk into my living room and ask for me. Excuse me now - I think I just heard the door bell ring Wink

steel270

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:20 am Reply with quote

lol. Even though I don't like romance movies I did watch this one, not because of J-Lo even if she is good looking. But the plot made sense and I sorta did want to see him try to have an affair. The detective was a little weird though, but his buddy was cool and smart.

TheosEleos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:37 pm Reply with quote

My wife and I really enjoyed this one!

Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quote

My wife and I watched this movie, last week, and we couldn't figure out why John Clark was keeping his dance lessons such a big secret, so I did a little investigating... Wink

I don't know if you realize this, or care *LoL*, but 'Shall we dance?' is a remake of a Japanese movie, about a timid, overworked business man named Mr. Sugiyama. The plot is pretty much the same, but, in Japan, ballroom dancing is considered disreputable. That's why he kept the lessons a secret from his wife and daughter...

Anyway, we enjoyed it for what it was - the best 'dance' movie since 'Flashdance'!

VinDSL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:13 am Reply with quote

TheosEleos wrote:
My wife and I really enjoyed this one!

Yep! Great he/she movie, e.g. a 'chic flick' that guys can watch without wincing...

Actually, I don't mind watching 'chic flicks', for the most part, but they're always dripping with sadness - this movie included. I dunno! Sometimes I'm not in the mood for it, you know?

fernades

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:18 am Reply with quote

I loved it very much!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Movie Reviews

View next topic
View previous topic