Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
upkasite
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:03 pm Reply with quote

How do i fix this Url redirection service loop bug. It didnt happen before but i heard its realy big now. When i use the redirected url i get the error. But when using the regular url it works fine. Why is this? Is there a fix? The only fix i have used is the ones that come with the phpnuke 6.9 version that i downloaded from here today.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:21 pm Reply with quote

Please detail your exact setup in terms of linking/forwarding. Thanks.

upkasite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:48 pm Reply with quote

well i use a free .tk domain for my redirection if thats what u mean.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:51 pm Reply with quote

I need you to tell me your exact setup. What is the url that you list as your home page? Then, what/how does it get redirected to?

upkasite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:53 pm Reply with quote

not sure if i understand you but ah my domain is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] which is the redirection url and it redirects to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] with url masking i cannot change it to turn off url masking. But this all worked before. I am using phpnuke 6.9 from your site with the fixes and stuff.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:58 pm Reply with quote

What is this 'bug' you are referring to? I am aware of certain issues but I want to be clear we are talking a bug and not a mis-configuration.

upkasite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:59 pm Reply with quote

I am talking about the admin loop bug but it deals with url redirection in my case.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:00 pm Reply with quote

Please create, for me, a user account and a super admin account. Then PM me the password. Use Raven as the user name. Thanks.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:04 pm Reply with quote

Please don't ever post passwords in public view again Mad I deleted the post.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:06 pm Reply with quote

Why are you using a redirection service instead of registering a domain name?

upkasite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Because my mom wont let me pay for a domain.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:11 pm Reply with quote

I am able to login under admin and user and stay logged in. Where is the loop?

upkasite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Did you do that by going to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:14 pm Reply with quote

That's where I started. It then directed me to the ip. Isn't that what you intend to happen?

upkasite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Ok i know that it signs you in but do this in the order i tell you

1. Go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
2. Signin
3. Go back to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
4. You not signed in anymore

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:17 pm Reply with quote

I logged out and did what you detailed and I stay logged in. Try deleting ALL your cookies and flushing your cache.

upkasite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:18 pm Reply with quote

Ill try that.

upkasite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Doesnt Work

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:28 pm Reply with quote

I don't know what else to tell you. I deleted all my cookies and redid those steps and I am logged in. It seems to be working.

upkasite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:46 pm Reply with quote

Could i te the users?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:27 am Reply with quote

Me thinks this is down to cookies.
When you are logging in as an Admin, you are saving a cookie on your PC for the url [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] NOT [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
So, when you log in, you are at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] if you type that directly into the browser it should log you in automatically.
However, if you go to 68.155.163.191 via the redirection from upke.tk because you are using masking, your browser still thinks it is at upka.tk and doesnt use the cookie to log you in automatically - I might be wrong but I think this is whats heppening.

upkasite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:54 am Reply with quote

No it doesnt deal with cookies as i did delete them all it doesnt work. I really does have to do with the reditection service and phpnuke

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:24 pm Reply with quote

You said you could log in but when you went back to the site via the redirection you were logged out. The only reason you could be logged out is due to a cookie issue.
Can you manually log back in by entering your username and password, if so, then I don't honestly see a problem with PHPNuke itself as no one has reported any similar problems, except of course when the cookie expires.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:28 pm Reply with quote

And as I said before, I stay logged in every time.

upkasite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:44 pm Reply with quote

well im sorry to say but it dont work. It really doesnt it has something to do with the .tk redirection. I mean when i use it to redirect to a true subdomain that doesnt redirect to my ip it works fine and dandy but hwne redirecting to a redrected url it dont work help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic