Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
bavarian
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote

but it does not.

tested it by my own on my network, and it blocked all my different computers on from my own site on that same public IP. allthough all those computers do have different private ip-adresses. like 195.168.1.X

with the server on 195.168.1.8 all my other computers had this message, of beeing blocked when trying to enter my site, as if they also had the same private/internal ip-number

asked a friend from out of town to do the same test. with this link that i got from here, [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

RESULT: he did NOT get blocked .... it is me again that get's blocked ..... weird

also: when i remove myself with from the database, my internal ip is still in the .htaccess file as "deny from 195.168.1.8. but just removing myself from the database lets me enter the site again. being in the .htaccess file did not help i guess

WHAT'S WRONG?

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:16 pm Reply with quote

1) Make a backup of and then empty the reserved ranges table. This what is blocking the network access.

2) Does your server obey htaccess changes at all? If not this is an Apache config issue.
See httpd.conf
# Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
AllowOverride All

# AccessFileName:
AccessFileName .htaccess

<Files ~ "^\.ht">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
</Files>

bavarian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:22 am Reply with quote

thanks for your help sixonetonoffun!

need to understand what this reserverd ranges table does contain. when i drop the content of that table, and leave it empty what would happen? what data to put back into the table then? only certain parts of the back up or nothing at all?

bavarian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:19 am Reply with quote

things have proceeded here!
the good thing is that the .htaccess changes are taking effect.
i had my buddy test with this above name Union-attack again, and it did put an ip-number into the .htaccess file, and when he tried to access the site then by the regular URL he was shown a message that came from the Apache server .... and i guess that's caused by the .htaccess file. Something with 403 and "access forbidden"

the bad thing: allthough i did empty the RESERVED_RANGES_TABLE and left it completely empty for testing reasons my buddys Union-attack cause Sentinel to write my servers internal IPadress both into the blocked_IP table and into the .htaccess file

result: he was blocked as described above. but also all computers from my internal network were blocked again.

why Sentinel does that, write my internal 195.168.X.8 server ip number instead of writing my buddys IP, that's riddling me .....

when i installed Sentinel first i gave me some crazy message "invalid ip range" or something like that. i found one topic here on this forum on that, and it was written there to empty the _reserved_range_table .... i did that and reimportorted the data again, except one row, that one user pointed out did cause him the same error (can't find this topic right now). without this line in that table everything seemed to work, i did not get that "invalid ip" error message again ....

basically i am just wondering what this "reserved ranges" are about .....

but mostly .... why is sentinel blocking me , when somebody from another IP attacks my site ?

bavarian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:00 am Reply with quote

the topic i referred to is
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

bavarian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:49 am Reply with quote

my body just sent me a screen dump of what he receives when getting blocked.
keep in mind: he is on a completely different IP-number .... living several hundred miles from me.

User Agent: Mozilla/5.o Macintosh U PPC Mac OSX Mach-O Gecko/Netscape
Remote Adress: 195.168.1.8
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: none
then date blocked, block expires, Nukesentinel yadayada yada

observe: REMOTE ADRESS 195.168.1.8 THAT'S MY SERVERS IP (how can he get that onto his screen when getting blocked by Sentinel)
CLIENT IP NONE (WHY IS HIS IP ADRESS NOT RECORDED?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic