Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
SteveSoler
Client

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:01 pm Reply with quote

I wanted to get opinions on what would be the best ecommerce shopping cart system available for the latest version of PHP-Nuke.

I'd like something that can allow the user to use the same login info as they do to log into their PHP-Nuke account on my site.

I'd also like the ability to have an integrated affiliate program so users can earn profit on sales from customers they directed to my shop.

Finally, integration with PayPal and major Shipping services like FedEx would be great as well.

Let me know what you think is best for this.

THANKS!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Well the easiest one I found to install and use was CCart from theguitarfiles.com

I use my own now linked to my site, but CCart was dead easy to use. I looked at some others around, which were probably better but they were too complicated for me to install, not being an expert in php.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Try a google search for phpnuke emporium

SteveSoler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Try a google search for phpnuke emporium

Guardian2003, have you used phpnume emporium? If so what are your thoughts on it?

Thanks,
STEVE

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:41 pm Reply with quote

I think that its as good or better then most other carts out there that are integrated into phpnuke. But there are a few advanced features that are not available for it. Its better then a simple paypal cart, easier to work with then oscommerce solutions. But if there is a feature it is missing that you need you will be on your own to develop it or have to hire the job out because its in a transitional phase having been handed back to NSN Scripts to take over again.

But the features it is missing are things that have nothing to do with normal operation of the catalog itself. Also note it is included with Platinum PHPNuke so if you want to make a fresh start that might be one route to go.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:36 pm Reply with quote

I think six elequently beat me to it hehe
Yes I did use it for a while purely for something to play with and found it very good - bearing in mind the constraints six has already pointed out.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:42 pm Reply with quote

Sorry Guardian, I been hijacking posts all over lately. The topic is one I spend way more time researching then implementing!

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quote

No problem, I was a bit slow due to trying to catch up on all the latest gossip re m2f / cm2f etc.
Spent all day trying to integrate a mod for the standalone phpBB forum that will put rss feeds directly into a nominated forum but the eyes are about to give up lol

SteveSoler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:53 pm Reply with quote

sixonetonoffun wrote:
...there are a few advanced features that are not available for it...
...the features it is missing are things that have nothing to do with normal operation of the catalog itself.

Hey guys thanks so much for the advice. But being the curious one I am can you please let me know just what are these missing features that Six mentioned?

Thanks!
STEVE

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:24 am Reply with quote

Six didnt say there was any features missing, if I read his post correctly he was saying that if there was a particular feature you needed that it didnt have you would either have to develop it yourself our wait for NSN to do it.

SteveSoler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quote

sixonetonoffun wrote:
...But there are a few advanced features that are not available for it.

I was just hoping to get an example of the advanced features he is referring to. Even if it's just in his opinion - Thanks

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:12 pm Reply with quote

Things like import products from csv, export data for quick books, Built in Affiliates addon. Stuff that goes way beyond normal day to day operations. One thing I'm not sure of is if it handles VAT for those regions that require it. I know it allows for different tax standards but... anyway for domestic sales its not an issue at all.

SteveSoler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:28 pm Reply with quote

Implementing an Affiliate program is something I really need. Do you know of any php-nuke ecommerce shopping cart solution that is capable of this.

Thanks!

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:04 pm Reply with quote

osc2nuke.com has a commercial version that will have osc affiliate built into it. But I haven't seen it announced as ready yet.

I haven't checked to see if phpnuke multi shop has it or not?

You can port the oscaffiliate module into any of these ported osc portals but your on your own as far as support at osc2nuke since that is a selling feature of the commercial release. Based their history of up/down come/go I would hesitate to jump right into anything commercial they have to offer until a few other people do who can speak to its quality and completeness.

No I'm not a disgruntled former client this just my honest opinion having observed the development which could best be described as manic and perhaps a little schizophrenic.

Whats your experience level with php? I wouldn't recommend trying to port oscaffiliate into any off these without a pretty good working knowledge of the oscommerce style of writing php. To me it would well be worth the $50 or what ever they are asking for if the commercial version is complete and they are willing to guarantee the requested features will work fully. But as I said buyer beware.

There has to be some decent affiliate programs around that can be run along side a portal or cart site that don't cost a lot.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:48 pm Reply with quote

I think the imminent release of Nuke Royal e-solution will include a shopping cart type area but I am not sure how extensive it will be in respect of VAT, taxes etc - though I understand they are also working on an affiliate script also.

rickleigh
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote

I know this is a dated thread but I figure why start a new one when the title states what I'm looking for Wink

So, being that I looked up the suggestions listed in this thread with no luck. They are either dead sites or dated code.

I want a ecommerce module that will work with RN2.4. I tested zen cart as a stand alone option and just don't like the fact its not a module that keeps the viewers within my sites theme and provide nice blocks to use.

I've googled and found a few, but none seem to have support anymore when looking at their forums seeing dated post from anyone.

I'm really surprised that a ecommerce for the RN hasn't been maintained. Just seems like a must have for today's CSM uses.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Alien73 is working on one for RAvenNuke right now. You can view it at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:01 pm Reply with quote

If I may offer a slightly "jaded" opinion. Implementing a full featured shopping cart / Paypal payment system for *nuke is a tremendously complicated task. It's the kind of thing you would pay 6 or even 7 figures (US dollars) in the commercial world. As opposed to hobbyist systems or clan systems or whatever that *nuke is usually used for, you are passing people's financial transactions through (even if credit card numbers are only entered on the secure Paypal side) and your system needs to be secure.

I have looked at the code for at least one proposed system and it was not secure. Form variables were not validated properly or at all and there were numerous other holes in the system. Plus there were a zillion other deficiencies going all the way back to the database setup itself (fields containing dollars or amounts defined as varchar). For a techie that does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I think that what you are seeing with all the systems that "go off the radar" is that inexperienced people start out with a great ball of fire behind them and then, at some point realize "hey, this is more complicated than I thought".

I also think that zencart deserves a second look. We all might just need to compromise and realize that those folks (zencart) have put a lot of effort into an open source solution that works and maybe we have to compromise with the fact that it doesn't work like a *nuke module.

That said, if someone can come up with a *nuke module that is reliable and secure I will be jumping on the bandwagon just like all the rest of us here.

Oh, one more thing: there is a strange disease called featuritis that creeps into our considerations. Multiple currencies, secure image uploads, multiple payment solutions -- yikes. Why not make a simple, secure and reliable limited feature system work well first and then add on as priorities and time permits?

rickleigh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:01 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
Alien73 is working on one for RAvenNuke right now. You can view it at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Any ideas when it will be released?

rickleigh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote

Bump

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:21 am Reply with quote

As Alien Cart is not being developed here, why not PM the author or ask him via his site (link in posts above).

rickleigh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quote

Because there is no means of being able to contact anyone on the link provided. When you click on the copyright link it just loops you back to the link provided here.

I've also found this link: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] which is no help to me if I don't get a reply.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:14 pm Reply with quote

I have sent a message to the author via PM asking him to respond to you.

rickleigh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:25 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
I have sent a message to the author via PM asking him to respond to you.

Thank you,

I had sent him a PM as well.

Standing bye Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic