Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
SteveSoler
Client

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:24 pm Reply with quote

Is there a way to organize the pages created with the contents module into sub-categories of main categories?

For example..

Let’s say I have a category called MUSIC and I want sub categories called ARTISTS, VENUES, & STUDIOS. The MUSIC category can link to a page with a brief intro. The other 3 sub-categories can link to pages with details about their particular sub-category of music. Is this possible to create?

Furthermore, if it is possible, would it then be possible to create sub-sub-categories? For example, let’s say I want to have 3 sub-sub-categories of the STUDIOS sub-category. They can be titled MANHATTAN, BROOKLYN & BRONX.

So all in all, if a visitor is looking for a Music Studio in the Bronx they can easily navigate to it in just a couple of clicks.

This is what I would like to achieve with my PHP-Nuke site, but I would settle for one level sub-categories if need be.

As always any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

|| STEVE ||

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PHrEEkie
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:53 pm Reply with quote

Well, obviously this isn't something you can click to activate in the control panel...

Therefore, what you can do with this or any module is dependent on how well you can program or are willing to pay for the task.

A module is just a module, no matter what it's called or what its initial function is designed to do. You can analyze how this module works and then (assuming you know a fair amount of PHP/MySQL programming) you can create your own custom stuff to your liking. The Content module was designed for storing static HTML content, and there's really no facilities built in to manage stuff. That being said, if you can design it using straight HTML, you can add it to the Content module, which includes sub-categories. The main cetegories will be controlled by Nuke, the sub-categories would then be controlled by your HTML pages and possibly some case logic added to the content module script itself. The more complex you need it, like the ability to add new Artists, Venues, etc from within Nuke, the more programming overhead you'll run into. If you don't mind creating the new content by hand and physically linking it to a main Nuke category, then you can get away with very little.

If any of this is way over your head, you can always post a project request and get some bids on getting the work done for payments.

PHrEEk

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic