Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
Frogger
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:48 pm Reply with quote

A good majority of my members are having this problem after they logon. Once logged in, they are referred back to the login page when clicking on any link.

I have attempted to get an answer and fix to this problem for weeks, but to no avail.

All fixes referenced and recommended elsewhere have not fixed the problem.

These fixes include:

Adding the following line to .htaccess

Code:
PHP_FLAG output_buffering On

Changing

Code:
Header("Location: modules

to
Header("Refresh: 0;url=modules

in all files throughout the site and finally to be sure register_globals is set to on.

Even worse, now that I have made these changes, I have to manually refresh my pages to get the updated information found on them.

Can

Refresh: 0 be changed to a different value to automatically refresh them?

Do I need to just upgrade my version of nuke to a new one to fix this or what?

I am currently using

NukeCops 6.5 Enhanced with security patch 9
php 4.3.2
mySQL 4.015 Standard

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:11 am Reply with quote

First of all, the Header() fix that you used should only be used if you are running IIS. If you are using Apache, then change it back.

Secondly, I apologize, but I do not support any of those bundles from NC. I would suggest upgrading to v6.9 or obtain support from their site. I will be happy to try to support the virgin 6.9 or the 6.9 package from my site. All I have added is some security fixes.

Frogger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:39 pm Reply with quote

They aren't either.

I finally started a new topic asking what steps need to be taken to get posts answered and was told to. . . . do a search.

After searching again and again, I found over 38,000 replies to the error. How is a person supposed to find a difinitive answer to a question with those kinds of numbers and with replies like:

That has been solved, search for the post......

Even searching on 1064 there are 98 posts. So far, I've been through about 25% of them and found they are questions with no answers, as well.

That is only one of many problems with that package that replies to questions haven't been answered.

As a matter-a-fact, you are the only one that ever gave definitive, descriptive and heartfelt help and remedies to any question posed there.

I have scheduled another day for next week to close my site for maintenance where I am going to upgrade to 6.9.

Unless there is a security issue, I'm not going to change the files back since I am upgrading in a few days.

In my opinion, well, I better keep it to myself.

Will let you know how the upgrade goes. It has to be better. Very Happy

fury
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:05 pm Reply with quote

I would like to make a suggestion. "MY OPINION" I would not ever download another mod, hack or even the full version of nuke from NUKECOPS ever again. I am not slamming them in any way, but it has caused me so many nightmares and headaches, when i went to Raven and found that he supported all the mods and hacks that he has made to the versions here, I jumped on it and have had only one problem and I created that problem myself. I would suggest downloading Ravens 6.9 with all the fixes in place. This will help you tremendously, I am not saying this because I work for the man, I am saying this because I have used and trust the products hosted here for download.
Thanks
Fury

Frogger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:05 pm Reply with quote

Today, I came to that conclusion myself.

Just received a message from them and to my dismay, was asked to post information I already posted.

Hell, that's why I started the thread to begin with. I posted it with full debug information, but was still given instructions to go to ..... and set debug mode on then post the information........

Does anyone actually read the posts made? I know they are busy, but why take the time to answer a post without first reading it to begin with.

Anyway......getting to your point. I am going to D/L Raven's 6.9 now and go for it.

I just hope the tables aren't going to cause conflict, because I can't afford to loose any data at my site. (will back up, of course)

Thanks big bunches!!!

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:10 pm Reply with quote

As long as you run the 65-66, 66-67, 67-68, 68-69 scripts, which I have done for several clients (including myself), you should not lose any data. If you run into any problems, just holler Wink

Frogger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:14 pm Reply with quote

I already have a test site using their stuff. Gonna upgrade that site first to be sure everything is o.k.

Might be a bit redundent, but it'll make me feel better. Laughing

Thanks again.

Frogger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:28 am Reply with quote

Well, after removing all the data from my test and my production sites, reloading and configuring,......I now have a fresh install of Raven's 6.9.

All errors I was experiencing are gone with exception to:

Actual User Status: Offline

What can be causing this problem.

Is it a php issue, an sql issue? I am really perplexed and really hope I can get this fixed.

Mods installed are:
IP_Tracking 1.1 and Protector 1.13b

thanks

Frogger

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:41 am Reply with quote

Is your server IIS or Apache?

Frogger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:03 am Reply with quote

Apache 1.3.8 (Unix)
php 4.3.2
mySQL 4.015 standard

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:13 am Reply with quote

To be truthful with you I have never encountered this except on IIS server sites. Have you tried deleting all cookies and flushing the cache?

Frogger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:24 am Reply with quote

I really believe the problem exists on the computers of the members.

I can log into all accounts in question without error, as well as my admin and user accounts.

One of my moderators is of the most concern to me. Get a load of his setup.

Linux, XP, 98 on a p2 333.

He has attempted to login using his admin and user accounts from all three OS, and continues to receive Offline.

We have spent hours going through, clearing cache, deleting cookies, reconfiguring internet settings, etc...to no avail.

We even created new accounts, both admin and user with the same results.

I'm at my wits end with this. I am convinced it is on his computer, but how do those three OS have the same problem.

He is convinced it isn't.....

Surely there are no cookies or cache shared by the three OS?

Worst case scenario, he is tired of being moderator and would rather put me through hell on earth, instead of telling me he's done.... Wink

Dunno what to do. Rolling Eyes

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:29 am Reply with quote

That's a different problem. I thought ALL users were getting it so I was addressing it as a server issue Smile.

His problem is, more than likely, that cookies aren't being saved because his browser security settings are too restrictive. This is just a guess, but I have seen it before, so it is possible. Check his security levels and have him lower them to see if the problem goes away. Also, make sure he hasn't inadvertently blocked cookies from your site, thereby never allowing a cookie to be written.

Frogger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:41 am Reply with quote

I've told him a dozen times......

I am convinced it is an issue with cookies/security, etc.....

Something just came to mind, though.....

My default theme at the site is fisubsilversh that came with the 6.5 nc enhanced.

Question: Does the forum included in the fisubsilversh get called instead of the main forums module when using that theme? . . . and/or do I have to stop using that theme?

If the forums in the theme do cause problems, can I overwrite that forum with the 6.9 version without causing another series of problems?

Giving you a workout today, huh? Laughing

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:43 am Reply with quote

It is definitely a cookie issue.

The way the themes work is if your theme has a forums folder, then the forums folder is used from the theme. Otherwise, the Forums default is used.

Frogger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:51 am Reply with quote

Since he is convinced his three OS can't share cookies, this is going to be a chore just to get him to go through and check/change settings, clear cache, cookies, etc.....

Well, gotta fix it.... Smile

Thanks again

Savent
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:45 am Reply with quote

I had that problem alot in the past with my members saying acutal status is offline when they log in, I had them do this and it worked great, they never had any more problems with it:

Note: If you registerd a account, and your getting the acutal user status is offine, when you try to log in, do this- at top of internet page hit tools, internet options, privacy tab-lower that slider bar all the way down, to except all cookies, then you can log in with no problems.

I even have that posted on my main page, good luck Exclamation

Last edited by Savent on Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total 
Frogger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:55 am Reply with quote

I'll have him give it a try, but since he uses Linux and XP I don't know how it will work out.

Will let you know.

Thanks for the tip.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:30 pm Reply with quote

Frogger wrote:
Since he is convinced his three OS can't share cookies, this is going to be a chore just to get him to go through and check/change settings, clear cache, cookies, etc.....

Well, gotta fix it.... Smile

Thanks again
As both Savent and I have indicated, it's not an issue of sharing cookies. We both believe his browser(s) are not saving a cookie at all because of security settings being too high.

Frogger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I understood what you guys meant.

It's a matter of getting that clear to the user in question.

Thanks guys.

Frogger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:33 am Reply with quote

My moderator took the time to reformat and reinstall both Linux and XP at one at a time - - - tried logging into my site without making any changes to the default settings of the respective OS.

Needless to say, he is angry with me now because he spent the hours rebuilding a system that didn't need rebuilding only to find

Actual User Status: Offline

I am now getting reports from 1-10 members per day that the same thing is happening to them.

Baffled in SC!

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:38 am Reply with quote

Frogger, is register_globals set to On in your php configuration? Have your moderator join my site and login. What does his status show here?

skye

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:36 pm Reply with quote

still looking for a fix? cause i have one lol

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:48 pm Reply with quote

Please post your solution as there is not a one cure for all Smile. I've also heard where Zone Alarm can wreck havoc in all sorts of ways.

skye

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:31 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

i tried to explain it in there. Its a Your_account tweak for 6.5, but it fixed my login problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic