Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
bdrake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:12 am Reply with quote

I installed NukeSentinel and it all seemed to go well, except that I can't save any changes. I always get a 403 Forbidden error on admin.php.

I can access admin.php and all the other admin functions except sentinel saves. I can save changes to the admin auth list, but not to the main sentinel admin page.

I've gone through and made sure I don't have any .htaccess files that might be causing the problem, but I'm out of ideas for what it might be...

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:48 am Reply with quote

This may help >> [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:15 pm Reply with quote

This thread doesn't really seem to address the same issue.

For more detail, I started with the standard .htaccess from the sentinel package, changing the authentication file, etc.. It worked except inside sentinel. I then tried turning things off within .htaccess (unrestricting things). I finally eliminating it all together, which, I agree was a step too far. I didn't think about sentinel writing to it.

I'm getting properly authenticated and can access admin.php from anything in the nuke control panel. What I can't seem to do is access it when submitting any changes from Sentinel. Only Sentinel is having a problem. I can submit changes from any other admin form. Site preferences, for example, submits fine and it hits admin.php. What is different about how sentinel submits?

I also "uninstalled" sentinel via nsnst, and then reinstalled it. No help.
The site itself (other than sentinel) seems to be unaffected.

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:56 am Reply with quote

I helped another person with this same issue and it turned out they were not GOD admin just a Super User. Check the db to see if this is the case.

If you used cPanel and Fantastico to install your Nuke site this may very well be the case. Some times when installing using Fantastico it does not set the correct value for the GOD admin therefore you are just a Super User.

Another check list:
in Admin Auth List make sure the correct info. is listed.

Admin-- YOUR admin name

Auth Login-- YOUR login

Auth Password-- SET

Protected-- YES

bdrake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:28 am Reply with quote

Well, it turns out that when I first installed, I wasn't GOD admin, but in ran the uninstall, and changed my admin entry to GOD, logged out, logged back in, verified I was shown as GOD in the admin page, and then ran the install again.

I thought this might have something to do with it, but can't figure out exactly what.

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:56 am Reply with quote

So is this problem fixed? ... Confused

bdrake

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:14 am Reply with quote

No, the verify that I'm GOD account and reinstall was one of the first things I tried. I was just saying it because I left it out of the earlier posts, and you pointed out that not being GOD admin was a problem.

I was thinking maybe something got messed up by not being the GOD account in the first install, that didn't get fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling. I don't see what that would be, though.

I tried putting some comments and checks in the sentinel code to see where the reject is coming from, but I never hit any of them. I'm not sure what to try next.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic