Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
iamasteve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Hello, my post is more of just a cosmetic issue, but it may possibly be a security issue. I'm not entirely sure. I'm also not entirely sure that this problem has to do with Sentinel at all.

Anyways, when I visit my Content module as a guest, it says "Access Denied" under the content article titles. When I login as administrator and visit the Content module, the text "Content Module Administration Panel" has replaced the "Access Denied" text.

This isn't a huge problem, but it does look kinda bad...

Thanks for any help.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:26 pm Reply with quote

In your module administration, check the Visible To setting for the content module. If it's not set to allow visitors access, they'll see the Access Denied message you reported.

iamasteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:49 am Reply with quote

hmm no good, it's already set to All Visitors.

Another thing I noticed was that there is no footer when the problem occurs.

Thanks anyways.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:21 am Reply with quote

There are other ways to control access to specific modules. Some security tools include this functionality. But it sounds like something else is going on if you can't see the footer. Maybe there is a problem with the content module itself? Try comparing the content module php files to a fresh download of the Nuke version you are using. Also, if you are using Apache, check the .htaccess file in both the root and /modules/Content directories.

iamasteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote

I re-uploaded the whole content module from the fresh 7.5 zip file, but the problem is still exactly the same. And I can tell that that Access Denied text isn't supposed to be there. check it out for yourself: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Though I did add a couple of lines to the root .htacces file (paths to error documents), I still left lot's of empty lines in between and at the end. This is it:

Code:

# -------------------------------------------
# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth
<Files .staccess>
deny from all
</Files>

<Files admin.php>
<Limit GET POST PUT>
require valid-user
</Limit>
AuthName "Restricted by NukeSentinel(tm)"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile [real path hidden]/.staccess
</Files>
# End of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth

ErrorDocument 400 /errordocs/400.html
ErrorDocument 401 /errordocs/401.html
ErrorDocument 403 /errordocs/403.html
ErrorDocument 404 /errordocs/404.html
ErrorDocument 500 /errordocs/500.html

iamasteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:14 pm Reply with quote

I'm actually considering installing a fresh version of phpnuke. Isn't all of the data held in the db anyways? Then I could install a fresh version of Sentinel as well and that will be that...

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote

I saw the site, and I can see the content. It looks like something in the footer, but only appears on the content page. Can you create a screen shot on your site that shows what you see on the content page when logged in as an administrator and post a link here?

iamasteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Well I just uninstalled Sentinel and the problem is still there. Here is the screenshot: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Although that code wasn't there before the uninstall...hmmm

[edit] I CAN see the footer now I forgot to add...

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quote

Problem appears to be with Content module. I'm not using that version of Nuke, but I believe if you search here you might find that others had similar problems with Content module and Nuke.

iamasteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:51 pm Reply with quote

So you're saying maybe use 7.4 or 7.3?

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:05 pm Reply with quote

Not necessarily. Have you applied Chatserv's patches, or were they included with your distribution?

iamasteve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote

well I tried but ... wait for it ...more errorrs all over the place... just a random question, do you know btw if nCo Modified PHP-Nuke 7.5 supports MySQL 3.23? Cause thats all my host offers...otherwise I'd have installed Nuke Platinum 7.6 awhile ago

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:47 pm Reply with quote

Not familiar with nCo - you might post a message on the support forums there. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with 3.23. But that version hasn't been updated in over a year - most hosts keep more current than that...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic