Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:02 am Reply with quote

Good morning ...

I'm confuddled. I need instructions for installing BuddyList for phpnuke6.5+. The only archive I ever found doesn't say anything about phpnuke, see below. Is there another one?
Does anyone know where it is? And, I'm only guessing this is the BuddyList used on Nukecops. I have no problem doing the mods, I just want to know if there is a reasonable chance this is going to work for my new 6.9 site.

Quote:

Mod Title: Buddy List
## Mod Version: 0.9.5
## Author: Freakin' Booty ;-P
## Support: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
## Description: Add and remove buddies from a list. PM or email someone right from the
## list, instead of searching for them through the memberlist first.
## See a buddy's online/offline status, and have a mini buddylist in your
## private messages section.
##
## ©2003 Buddy List 0.9.5 - Freakin' Booty ;-P
##
## This mod works on phpBB 2.0.0 - 2.0.4.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:04 pm Reply with quote

Is this the one you downloaded [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Most of those hacks work on phpnuke although they're written for the stand alone version. Just experiment on your test site first.

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:19 am Reply with quote

okies ... That was a nightmare and a half ...
I have Deep Blue installed ... so, let's get that working then I can muck with the other themes later.

from the readme.txt
Installation Level: Easy
## Installation Time: 15 - 25 minutes

lol .... I've been working on this for two hours and it's a big mess because I'm sometimes clueless when there are no specific instructions for phpnuke. For example ... no where in the docs does it say that privmsgs.php is probably index.php in the Private_Messages directory ... I'm just guessing at that.

This is the error when click on Forums.
Code:

Warning: main(modules/Forums/includes/functions_buddylist.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lovica/public_html/modules/Forums/common.php on line 149

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'modules/Forums/includes/functions_buddylist.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/lovica/public_html/modules/Forums/common.php on line 149

Of course, this is a path problem because there isn't any path to an includes in the modules/Forums directory.

<sigh> ... so, I have to correct the path in modules/Forums/common.php at line 149 to: includes/functions_buddylist.php' ??? because that's where I put functions_buddylist.php ?

grumble, grumble

So, that hardly works because the instructions say:

Code:

#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------
#
common.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]--------------------------------------------
#
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/db.'.$phpEx);

I've looked there is no such string... what I did was:
Code:

include($phpbb_root_path . 'config.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_buddylist.'.$phpEx);

Crying or Very sad

Last edited by CodyG on Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total 
CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:24 am Reply with quote

You don't have buddylist installed here Raven ... so I'm not sure I should be angsting and trying to get support for BuddyList in your forums. But it's so nice over here that to face nukecops again ... I just don't want to. The page loads over there are taking forever, even on broadband. Nothing like a lot of success, eh?

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:48 am Reply with quote

how about I create modules/Forums/includes/functions_buddylist.php ?

okies... now I have this error:
Code:

Could not query buddies information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'lovica_nuke.buddies' doesn't exist

SELECT b.buddy_id, u.username AS buddy_name, u.user_email AS buddy_email, u.user_viewemail, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_session_time FROM buddies b, nuke_users u WHERE b.user_id = 2 AND u.user_id = b.buddy_id ORDER BY u.username ASC

Line : 134
File : /home/lovica/public_html/modules/Forums/includes/functions_buddylist.php

hmm... that table name looks all wrong

This is my nuke_buddies table info

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Maybe this is a better one? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:21 pm Reply with quote

From what I can tell they are both the same mod (Author: Freakin' Booty ;-P ) ... one is version 0.9.5 and the other is 1.1.1 ... per your suggestion I used the most recent.

Niether of them have any documentation for making the mods to phpnuke.

Well ... it was a good idea.

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:12 pm Reply with quote

okies... I changed the table define in the constants.php file:
Code:

define('BUDDIES_TABLE', $prefix.'_buddies');

and that seemed to remove the db errors. But the buddies link in the forums menu isn't showing up, some information boxes are empty, and the "buddy" text isn't there in the profile page.

I wonder if there is a block or something that show's buddies on line, or if I need to install that navtap thing like they have at nukecops?

I know this mod will work ... just my own skills still don't live up to the task. All those curly braces in the phpbb side of things are too much.

Last edited by CodyG on Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total 
CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:44 pm Reply with quote

I tried another phpbb hack once... a birthday hack, never did get it to work either.
Wouldn't it be nicer to write a phpnuke module/block for buddylist?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:34 pm Reply with quote

What would you want to see in it? (No that I'm volunteering; just wondering Wink)

mikem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:40 pm Reply with quote

Here is what I found [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Buddy list already ported for Nuke.

Most of the hacks over at phpBBhacks won't necessarily work with phpBB in the Nuke version. Try portedmods and [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] for most of those hacks ported for phpBB in Nuke

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:38 pm Reply with quote

Thanks... 0.9.5 is the original file I had. But ver 1.1.1 seemed like a better idea at the time. Confused
I've printed out the install docs and noted that at least this version is Intermediate Difficulty and should only take me 20-30 minutes... but at least there is reference to an index.php in the Private_Messages dir.

I'll tackle it tomorrow morning when my synapses snap more quickly.

Raven, maybe there are more important mods to dream about at this time. How about a smilie module? Mostly an admin thing from which smilies can be "moderated" for all parts of the portal... one stop smilie installation for forums, journal (speaking of which anything new for that module lately?), shoutblock, guestbook... etc. Don't know if that's possible though.

CodyG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:48 pm Reply with quote

okies... I applied the 0.95 version of buddy list this morning.

The first thing I noticed was that my Calendar 2.12 language files stopped working... what the heck is an Ynglish? The language files are in the Calendar/language dir ... those blocks were working fine.

The other thing that didn't work is that the buddies link in the forums menu isn't working, at least not in DeepBlue..

This mod should be labelled "dangerous to one's sanity". Laughing

Any ideas where I can look for the errors?? Is the forums menu in overall_header.tpl?

This is the last modification I want to complete, for now. I just need to fix this buddy thing, import the pics to the new coppermine galleries, then a couple of little graphics, then I can import/finesse the user data and finally... only a few days late I'll release it to my users.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:11 pm Reply with quote

This won't help you much. I spent close to 3 hours last night trying to get the 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1 version to work and never could. So, I backed it out and tried the 0.95 version and after following everything to the letter, afaik, it didn't work either Evil or Very Mad To say the least you can have your 'buddy' list. It just ain't worth it to me Laughing

CodyG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:16 pm Reply with quote

hmm ... if you can't get it to work... Installing that mod was like listening to nails scratching on a chalkboard. I still need advil.

As this is now the only mod that is stopping me from getting this website online I might just give it the toss too. <sigh>

FriendFinder for 6.5+ has a buddy list function but it only works with other users who have a FriendFinder Profile. I wonder how hard it could be to get something like that working for all users. I can see it now ... A block that says who is on your buddy list and who is online/offline. With links to PM or Email them. The module would let you add and subtract from that list. An ignore user function would be great too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic