Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
h00v3r

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:45 am Reply with quote

Hi guys, this is my first post here, although I've been lurking for a few months Wink

I am running nuke7.5 patched on my home network, under apache. It runs great - no problems at all.

What I'm trying to do is move the whole site onto a rented windows 2003 server. I have php (ver 4.3.4) and mysql (ver 4.18 ) running fine. I have phpmyadmin installed, and I uploaded all my databases via [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Phpmyadmin can see all the tables, and I can modify them.

I then uploaded my nuke files, and edited the config.php to suit the new configuration. But when i go the the index.php all i get is a blank page. I thought it might be a problem with Sentinel, so I commented out the lines in mainfile.php, but it makes no difference. Phpinfo is listing mySQL version as 3.23.49 - this is a previous version that was installed.

Anyone got any ideas?? I'm kind of new to IIS Sad

Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:10 am Reply with quote

Since you say blank page and not an error page like failed to connect to mysql I'd say to look at the files like config.php and see if there is line spaces after the closing ?>

Since phpmyadmin works the php and mysql installs seem to be configured correctly.

h00v3r

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:48 am Reply with quote

Yes it is just a blank page, no errors. View source shows;

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

So it is literally just a blank html page.

I did find a line break after the closing ?> in config.php , but this hasn't fixed the problem Sad any other files I should be checking? I looked at index.php and mainfile.php but couldn't see any errors there.

I also tried to test a new install of nuke in a different folder, but couldn't get phpmyadmin to import the sql file - it just says 'file cannot be read' I moved my other database over just by FTP'ing it into the the mysql data folder, because it was too large to import from phpmyadmin.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:01 am Reply with quote

I don't want to send you on a safari here but yeah the line space thing could be in every single php file if in fact that is the issue. Maybe we can get a windows sys admin to speak up here because I certainly am not! My IIS box is being used as a Door Stop right now.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
You might try that once to verify the db is connecting to completely rule that out.

h00v3r

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:05 am Reply with quote

sixonetonoffun wrote:
I don't want to send you on a safari here but yeah the line space thing could be in every single php file if in fact that is the issue. Maybe we can get a windows sys admin to speak up here because I certainly am not! My IIS box is being used as a Door Stop right now.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
You might try that once to verify the db is connecting to completely rule that out.

Just ran that and it's all fine...it can see the database and everything. Perhaps my upload of nuke has just got corrupted?? Or could this be a IIS permissions problem?....as i say, I am new to IIS, but I can't imagine it being that if phpinfo, phpmyadmin and this analyze script are running ok.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:05 am Reply with quote

Yeah corruption could sure be the case wouldn't be the first time thats for sure!

h00v3r

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:12 am Reply with quote

Ok re-uploaded it, and still have the same problem.

Also, the person who I share the server with is having identical problems with an installation of OScommerce, so it looks like this is not a nuke-specific problem, more likely a problem with mySQL/PHP

Does phpnuke differ from phpmyadmin in the way it uses the database? because I can't understand how phpmyadmin works, but nuke and OScommerce can't Sad

h00v3r

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:59 am Reply with quote

Ok solved this now. We had some errors with PHP, which forced me to have a close look at php.ini

I compared the ini there to the one I had on my network here, and found that the includes path was commented out here. I commented out the includes for win32 path in the php.ini of the win2k3 server, restarted IIS, and everything works fine now.

Weird how phpmyadmin still worked ok though.....anyone know the reason for this, just out of interest???

Also.....the reason I couldn't import SQL text files through phpmyadmin.....the mySQL port was not open at the firewall. doh!

Thanks for the help though........... Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic