Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
tones

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:03 am Reply with quote

Hi

I am trying to install and get the php nuke treasury program working. I have gone through all the instructions and have done everything correctly. Now when i try to test the IPN it takes me to a page cannot be displayed error page because the link is incorrect.

The page it takes me to is:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

but the link should say:

How do i edit that part of the configuration?

Thank you

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:26 am Reply with quote

In your Nuke Administration Control Panel, is your Site URL

tones

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:33 am Reply with quote

that was silly of me. thank you!

javajane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:50 pm Reply with quote

IPN link for PayPal is wrong in the newest version of Nuke Treasury and can't be edited in the Nuke Admin Panel. Is there any way I can fix it? Nuke is not in my website root so it is causing a major problem with the IPN.

I had gotten everything to work earlier except the dreaded databases not populating and the DonatOmeter not updating (but donations were being accepted) and I had the IPN configured in PayPal yada yada.

The error message I get seems to relate to the incorrect URL of the IPN in the admin panel. Is there any place I can make this change so I can get this block working? HELP!

Thanks so much...

Java Jane
Generation 80s Retro Radio

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:20 am Reply with quote

The IPN link for NT is in the NT configuration panel, not nuke admin.

javajane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote

I actually changed it in the admin modules treasury.php file. I found it RIGHT after I posted...and now it says that the IPN debugged and tested okay and I should be good to go. The only thing is, I did get several donations earlier today and it doesn't seem to be importing them. Does it have to start "fresh"??? I only have some "stock" entries that came with the files from 2003, which I haven't deleted.

It looks like now that I have corrected that everything else is set up right from MySQL tables to PayPal configurations, config.php and admin configs. I guess time will tell if the donations start to post/import. I've been combing the forums for any definitive fixes for this issue, and I think you mentioned you were working on something, but I don't think I have a definite answer for why this is happening or how to fix it. I'm not a coding guru, any mods I've made to my php and site/themes, etc. has been pure trial and error and a lot of prayer and good luck...so if anything else is wrong with the code, I wouldn't be able to figure it out.

Thanks for either pointing me to an appropriate thread or any other guidance you can be. The block is up on my site now, but I can't donate to myself, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Best,

Java Jane
Generation 80s Retro Radio [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:44 am Reply with quote

The way you donate to yourself is to set up a second personal account with another bank source. Then just use that to send amounts like $.01 to your main account.

There is no retro-active process for postings missed. You will need to enter those by hand.

javajane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:52 am Reply with quote

Thanks so much for a quick response Raven, I really do appreciate it. So I gather you think now that the IPN issue is rectified in the treasury.php file and it's saying "good to go" I should be okay? I wanted to avoid another paypal account, but will do so for the purposes you explained.

Take care and I truly appreciate the great resource you are!

Java Jane

javajane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:02 am Reply with quote

Well, just as a reference note for others with this issue (donations not posting to the DonateOMeter area), the link I edited at the bottom of the treasury.php file in the admin/modules/treasury.php location was the key to getting V1.1 working for me. Since PHPNuke isn't in my nuke root and it wasn't editable in the IPN Link "test IPN" area, (even though I used the right IPN in PayPal - the two were in conflict) it got the script working like a charm.

Now I see (I'm lazy, what can I say, MY BAD) WHY I have to have two PayPal accounts, as a recurring payment I get every week through PayPal was counted against my DonateOMeter and it looks like I'm swimming in kaching!$! LOL Talk about counter productive...so I'll have to set up that other account later today. I assume that I can change accounts without a problem just by entering the new email the account is linked to and making the appropriate changes to turn on the IPN in PayPal under the new account?

Alright, hopes this helps as I see a lot of people are having problems, especially non code guru's like myself.

Cheers,

JJ

bradley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:37 pm Reply with quote

I can't seem to get our donation module to update. I have the ipn set correctly (at least the test says it's ok) But 1 thing I noticed is that I do not have a admin/modules/treasury.php folder or file on the website. Could this be my problem??

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:46 am Reply with quote

javajane wrote:
Well, just as a reference note for others with this issue (donations not posting to the DonateOMeter area), the link I edited at the bottom of the treasury.php file in the admin/modules/treasury.php location was the key to getting V1.1 working for me. Since PHPNuke isn't in my nuke root and it wasn't editable in the IPN Link "test IPN" area, (even though I used the right IPN in PayPal - the two were in conflict) it got the script working like a charm.

You shouldn't have had to edit the script to get the link correct. The treasury script uses your Site URL setting in the admin panel/preferences to build the path.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quote

bradley wrote:
I can't seem to get our donation module to update. I have the ipn set correctly (at least the test says it's ok) But 1 thing I noticed is that I do not have a admin/modules/treasury.php folder or file on the website. Could this be my problem??

Having all the files is probably a prerequisite for it to work correctly. Wink

Try and re-upload them.

bradley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:37 pm Reply with quote

I've reuploaded everything and now I get an error when going into the config on the website that says "Table 'genwebsite.financial' doesn't exist" I assume the table should be in the database but what goes into the table for me to create it?

Gremmie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:42 pm Reply with quote

When I downloaded the script a long time ago, it came with a file called NukeTreasury.sql. That contains the SQL statements you need to build and populate the database tables. You should run that in MySQL or in phpMyAdmin.

bradley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:04 am Reply with quote

OK but i'm a noob so how do I run that (not a total nob at least I know what phpmyadmin is)

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:26 am Reply with quote

Go find the docs for phpMyAdmin. If you are going to be an admin on a Nuke site that tool will quickly become your friend, so you will want to know how to use it. But in a nutshell, run phpMyAdmin, navigate to your database you created for Treasury, and find the SQL tab. Then copy & paste the contents of that NukeTreasury.sql file into the box and hit the go button.

Depending on your version, you may also see an import tab. You can also point phpMyAdmin at your NukeTreasury.sql file through there.

This is all from memory, but hopefully you get the idea.

bradley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quote

OK thanks that worked I now have the table and can now config the setup. It links ok to paypal and will take donations but still wont update. I get the this error when I click the check IPN link. "Illegal Module File Access" this is the link itself "http://www.mywebsiteurl.com/modules/Donations/ipn/ipnppd.php"

Gremmie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:37 am Reply with quote

It actually says "mywebsiteurl.com"? Did you set your site URL in your admin panel under preferences?

bradley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quote

No it has the actual url for the website. I just wasn't sure that there was anythiong in the link that would be a security issue on an open forum. (just the nOOb in me)

bradley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:37 am Reply with quote

any idea's as to why I am having this issue??

ash0573

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

I get the this error when I click the check IPN link. "Illegal Module File Access"

I am having the same issue. Did you everfigure it out?

Ash

bradley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:08 pm Reply with quote

Still no resolution to the problem. Just sorta been living with the link working and not updating.

ash0573

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:52 pm Reply with quote

I fixed the illegal module issue not have this one....

Debug mode activated

PHP-Nuke Treasury mod

PayPal Instant Payment Notification script

See below for status:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/db/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

It works though, I have recieved a donation from a member but it does not update the donate-o-meter....

My info is identical to that of the config.php file for path, user, pwd, etc...

Ash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic