Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Old Articles Hack
sharlein
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:35 pm Reply with quote

Is it possible to create an admin, and allow them to only update 3 scrolling blocks? They are tournament times, top 100 and top team scores. Thank you, Steve

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:01 pm Reply with quote

Anything is possible, for sure Wink Yes, that could be done. I would probably use the approach mentioned in this post [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and then modify admin/modules/blocks.php to only display the 3 blocks for that admin. Make sense?

sharlein

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:39 pm Reply with quote

Yes, it does. Thank you Raven.

sharlein

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:19 pm Reply with quote

I followed the instructions for the first part, allowing an admin assigned with encyc. permissions to have access to blocks. It worked, but, lol, access to MSAnalysis also appears. What did I do wrong? (Other than get up this morning.) Thanks, Steve

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:30 pm Reply with quote

I don't use that package so I don't know how it's setup. Is it perchance using the encyc. admin? Check the module file for MSAnalysis to see if it grants permission to encyc admins.

sharlein

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:21 pm Reply with quote

Yes, Raven, it does. I am trying to use content, but I am running into some problems. I will start all over to make sure I am doing it correctly.

sharlein

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:47 pm Reply with quote

I got radmincontent to work - simple errors I made, but I wonder if you could please give me a start on admin/blocks.php (to allow only the three blocks to be edited for this particular admin). Thank you, Steve

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:49 pm Reply with quote

Start with this. In BlocksAdmin() find
Code:
   echo "<td align=\"center\" bgcolor=\"$bgcolor2\"><b>"._FUNCTIONS."</b></tr>";

$result = sql_query("select bid, bkey, title, url, bposition, weight, active, blanguage, blockfile, view from ".$prefix."_blocks order by bposition, weight", $dbi);
and modify it to
Code:
   if ($radmincontent&&!$radminsuper) $whereClause = "where bid = 1 ||bid = 2 ||bid = 3";

else $whereClause = "";
   echo "<td align=\"center\" bgcolor=\"$bgcolor2\"><b>"._FUNCTIONS."</b></tr>";
   $result = sql_query("select bid, bkey, title, url, bposition, weight, active, blanguage, blockfile, view from ".$prefix."_blocks $whereClause order by bposition, weight", $dbi);
You will need to substitute the actual bid for the 3 blocks that you want to restrict. Also, you may want to remove/restrict othe functions, like the Add Block functionality, too. Do that by making a check for the admin level as above and just returning from the function instead of processing it.

sharlein

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:25 pm Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Raven. Up and running. That solved the problem.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Old Articles Hack

View next topic
View previous topic