Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
brentnhunter
Client

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:13 pm Reply with quote

I have 4Nchat installed on my site which I like but I am getting a lot of people on my site saying they can't use it because it requires Java or they have to disable their popups, and some folks who say they can't use it even though they have Java installed on their machine and their popup blocker software is turned off.

Does anyone know of the, say, top 5 live chat blocks/modules for phpnuke?

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:17 pm Reply with quote

Most solutions will require popups be allowed for the domain. Some are also written for flash NP Messenger comes to mind which is a nice incarnation of a site messenger written for flash. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
SP-Chat seems to be the most stable and actively maintained choice.

beetraham
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:03 pm Reply with quote

sixonetonoffun wrote:
Most solutions will require popups be allowed for the domain. Some are also written for flash NP Messenger comes to mind which is a nice incarnation of a site messenger written for flash. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
SP-Chat seems to be the most stable and actively maintained choice.

Yeah, I'd go for SP-Chat...

BTW - talking about "SP-Chat" - should you have PHP5 being installed on your web serv (instead of PHP4), in that case, you'd most probably find it useful to additionally "upload 'n' replace" the latest "ADODB Library" from sourceforge [ [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ] within the "SP-Chat package".

The above depicted "sub-package update/upgrade procedure" will resolve the most probably expected/appearing post-installation issues, that would/will be faced after having installed the standard "off-the-shelf" package on a web server "with PHP5's active presence".

Hopefully not too a detailed "hint", but more like "a pre-illuminating piece of fresh advice" upon the forthcoming issues to be expected per "SP-Chat fresh installs" in case of PHP5....

[...installed the piece just two (2) days ago myself...on PHP5 supported web server env...]

BR,

-beetraham

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:04 am Reply with quote

Thanks so much beetraham. I am going to check out SP-Chat.

Raven, what version of php is installed here?

Thanks!

Brent

Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:11 am Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I disabled SPChat on my site about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I hacker managed to upload a file thru the chat client and get into my server. I was lucky that my host was scanning the system as the file came thru and caught it. I was able to block and disable them before they did too much harm. I've been looking for something more secure ever since.

Mesum
Useless

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:38 pm Reply with quote

Deseroka, do you use Sentinel or any other security tool for your website?

Last edited by Mesum on Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Deseroka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:24 am Reply with quote

Yes, I have Sentinal installed-by Raven.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:00 pm Reply with quote

I should add (no that I am fully alert) that my host told me they uploaded through the 12.php script. That seems to be part of the calendar included with SPChat. I've considered just disabling this in order to use chat, my members really liked it alot. I'd like to have Raven or Nukeum, Six or Chat's thoughts on that....

PHrEEkie
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:24 pm Reply with quote

As much as I wanted to help out in this thread, I wasn't quite prepared as of a few days ago. I have developed a Nuke module for real-time chat based on Smator's Chatbox phpBB mod. It's not mature enough for release, so I have setup a Beta site. I need folks to drop in and help me stress test it (everything else is ready to go). Features include:

* Permanent System Chats supported
* Private chatrooms supported
* Lock or Unlock any chatroom
* Full Host and Admin support
* Theme support

I have re-written about 60% of the original Chatbox engine to incorporate all these features and accomodate the advanced 'Users Online' frame. Chatrooms require a Username, so you'll need to register to try them. Email activation has been shut off, so after you register, you can log right in. There are of course support Forums to track problems and suggest features. I will also be looking for a few people to take the testing to their website, so it can be tested on a number of different configurations.

Please visit: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Register, login, and help get this ready for public release!

PHrEEk

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:45 am Reply with quote

PHrEEk, I can get to the front page of your site but nothing happens when I click on the REGISTER button.

PHrEEkie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:37 pm Reply with quote

??? hmm... well we've had a few people sign up, including Deseroka, and no problems reported. I'm using Forums registration, so there shouldn't be anything funky going on (it's pure phpBB stuff). When you click the REGISTER link, you should then see the Coppa load where you state you're over 13 yrs of age. Do you get that far, or what exactly happens when you click REGISTER... blank page, absolutely nothing? What browser are you using?

PHrEEk

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:47 pm Reply with quote

I'm using MSIE.... and no it just sat there at your front page. I just tried it again and it still doesn't go anywhere. Does that page have any special code on it? The only thing I can think of is that maybe one of my pieces of blocking software is stopping the page from loading?

PHrEEkie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:22 pm Reply with quote

I guess that could be... no other explaination for it at this point. My first thought was we might have a browser problem (mozilla or something), but all my testing is done through IE, and everyone signed up so far has used IE. I can see in my logfile that your browser is sending the correct URL. Quite strange... well, I can easily set you up an account by hand, but I would like to know (obviously) what exactly the problem is, so I can either code in a workaround or post a warning (if it's something on your side that's blocking it and people need to shut off to register). So let's try 2 things (if you'll indulge me Wink )

1. Try this direct link: EzChat Registration

Tell me what happens there...

2. There's absolutley nothing malicious on the site and no ads or popups, so shut off any user-side firewalls or blockers and try it again. If none of these ideas work, I'll make you an account by hand. Just PM me an email and password you want associated with the account and I'll get it built pronto...

PHrEEk

brine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:56 pm Reply with quote

PHrEEkie wrote:
As much as I wanted to help out in this thread, I wasn't quite prepared as of a few days ago. I have developed a Nuke module for real-time chat based on Smator's Chatbox phpBB mod. It's not mature enough for release, so I have setup a Beta site. I need folks to drop in and help me stress test it (everything else is ready to go). Features include:

* Permanent System Chats supported
* Private chatrooms supported
* Lock or Unlock any chatroom
* Full Host and Admin support
* Theme support

I have re-written about 60% of the original Chatbox engine to incorporate all these features and accomodate the advanced 'Users Online' frame. Chatrooms require a Username, so you'll need to register to try them. Email activation has been shut off, so after you register, you can log right in. There are of course support Forums to track problems and suggest features. I will also be looking for a few people to take the testing to their website, so it can be tested on a number of different configurations.

Please visit: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Register, login, and help get this ready for public release!

PHrEEk

Looks good. I'm looking forward to a good replacement for SP Chat

Deseroka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:35 am Reply with quote

Well, I see some people have registered, but I never find anyone there to test the module with. Maybe we all need to agree on a time to go push this so it can be released???

brine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:53 pm Reply with quote

Deseroka wrote:
Well, I see some people have registered, but I never find anyone there to test the module with. Maybe we all need to agree on a time to go push this so it can be released???

Sounds good. If I am available, I will help.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:18 am Reply with quote

Well, several people have registered over there-the only way I see this thing getting released is for all of us to agree on some times and go bang on it hard.
Anyone got suggestions on times--and maybe we should be doing all of this from that site...

brine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:05 am Reply with quote

Deseroka wrote:
Anyone got suggestions on times--and maybe we should be doing all of this from that site...

OK. I'll log in an post over there.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:36 am Reply with quote

Well, we are all really on the ball aren't we. I forgot about this I guess.
Any news on it's development?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic