Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
mrix
Client

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:45 am Reply with quote

Hi all, I see many posts explaining that you can re-name the admin.php file for better security but I dont see much information on how?? I am only a novice as regards phpnuke really I suppose its easy I dont know to be honest. anyway what information I did find was that you could re-name the admin.php to say adminx.php and then change the admin.php rout in the config.php to the same and it will work, well thing is I tried that and it worked to the point where I got into the adminastration panel and only have the icons were there and if you clicked on them they didnt work?.
Any idea`s
Cheers
mrix
p.s I am running sentinal if that will make a difference somewhere???

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:17 pm Reply with quote

well i heard another example some time ago....
but i know it works but thats all i know...

just rename your admin.php to ... thisisreal.php ( example)
and then make a file call it admin.php and include the thisisreal.php

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:19 am Reply with quote

This is primarily for PHP-Nuke 7.6 . It's config.php file has a new variable of $admin_file = "admin"; where you can easily rename the admin.php to forgetyou.php as long as you change this variable to $admin_file = "forgetyou";. Only draw back is if you have admin modules that do not use this new variable to call it's admin functions.

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:42 pm Reply with quote

In the case of none core admin files you could add $admin_file to the global line of any function that uses admin.php and then change admin.php to ".$admin_file."php

BobMarion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:47 am Reply with quote

CS, once you have completed all the 2.8's I plan on making this change to the download packages on my site for 6.5 thru 7.5 Smile Of course that would make a perfect Patched 2.9 Smile

chatserv

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:12 am Reply with quote

The ones for 7.2 to 7.6 are already available through the usual download links, need to finish the rest but i also want to add BBtoNuke 2.0.11 or at least it's security fixes. which i will try to do in the next 1 or 2 days, way too many files Sad

BobMarion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:45 am Reply with quote

Ah, you sound over worked Wink

mrix

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:36 am Reply with quote

Hello again, thanks for the reply`s I have renamed the admin named part in config and renamed the admin.php as well the same, I enter the admin panel I see the icons but I get access denied , not sure what you mean about the

"case of none core admin files you could add $admin_file to the global line of any function that uses admin.php and then change admin.php to ".$admin_file."phpchanges for modules to overcome this"

could you explain again in noob terms please lol or maybe a re-edited module etc to make life a bit better for a php noob like me lol
Thanks for your help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic