Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:12 pm Reply with quote

Hi

One thing I am noticing is what appears to be very little value in including the following functions into Nuke comments on articles.

&mode
&options
&thold

In a nutshell, I'm running the following code in BETA and it appears to work just as well, but with no errors associated with running googletap from having nulled valued properties of these items.

There is also one other additional change (which seems to also apply to all Nuke 7.x versions, NOTE: I don't know about 6.x as I don't have any of those versions running.)

In addition to these change, I have ALSO modified the word "comments" in the "parent" function to now be the word "article".
(NOTE: It is the only line of code with the word parent in it, if you search for it in your comments.php file) This looks like a different bug that needs to be fixed.

in /modules/News/comments.php.
So to desribe beyond the other changes in the below files, you'll now see that line as:
Code:
echo " | <a href=\"modules.php?name=$module_name&amp;file=article&amp;sid=$sid&amp;pid=$erin\">"._PARENT."</a>";

which in it's original form with all of the mode, options and thold stuff in it used to be:
Code:
echo " | <a href=\"modules.php?name=$module_name&amp;file=comments&amp;sid=$sid&amp;pid=$erin&amp;mode=$mode&amp;order=$order&amp;thold=$thold\">"._PARENT."</a>";

Even if you don't make the other changes, you should probably apply this fix changing that one word.

Anyway.. Here are the new files that I used with PHP-Nuke 7.6. I have also implemented these same kinds of changes version 7.4 as well with GT-NextGen and have had no problems. The comments functions are now completely GT enabled on my site.

To make this work, I had to edit 3 files in the News module. Please find the complete code for these functions FOR PHP-NUKE 7.6 in this and the next 2 replies.

Here are the new updated files without all of the mode, options and thold data echo'd to the screen urls.

/modules/News/article.php
/modules/News/comments.php
/modules/News/index.php

You can find the files in the .zip file at: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Changing these in PHP-Nuke 7.6 revealed that I could perform all functions in every user mode (anonymous, member, administrator) without getting any errors, messing anything up and allowed me to keeping consistant URLs (without revealing any mode, option or thold sequences and without having any nulled values in those mode, order or thold functions). This also really helped Googletap as you can see by visiting my site.

Does anyone see any problems with removing these functions using the method I have published here?

Thanks.. Steph

Last edited by 64bitguy on Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:40 am; edited 8 times in total 
64bitguy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:22 pm Reply with quote

Consolidated into message 1...

Last edited by 64bitguy on Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total 
64bitguy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Consolidated into message 1...

Last edited by 64bitguy on Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:41 am; edited 3 times in total 
chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:33 am Reply with quote

Can you send me these files to look over them? chatserv at nukeresources dot com

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:38 am Reply with quote

I was just thinking an attachment might be in order thats a long thread.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:44 am Reply with quote

Smile Well I'd have posted them as files if I could have Smile

On their way Chat.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:50 am Reply with quote

You can just upload them here and I will approve them Smile. Would you edit your posts to remove the code?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:52 am Reply with quote

Okay, I'm feeling goofy now (keep in mind I just got up and am working that first cup of coffee)

How do I upload them to here? You want me to email them to you?

Thanks!

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:53 am Reply with quote

No. Just go to the Download link and there's an option Laughing

chatserv

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:13 am Reply with quote

Got them thanks 64bitguy

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:18 am Reply with quote

Okay, my brain is restarted, I'm on cup #2 and the zip has been submitted as newscomments.zip.

Thanks Raven

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:12 am Reply with quote

Done Laughing

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:43 am Reply with quote

Okay, message threads modified to reflect the present location of the .zip file that includes all 3 modified file.

Thanks Raven!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic