Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
kurayami

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:43 am Reply with quote

Ok, I have an issue. My problem is that hitting the link on my site that tries to access admin.php so that I can login as admin, I receive a prompt menu asking me to type my log/pass. My admin log/pass does not work. I deleted the tables, which I prob shouldn’t have done, and reinstalled them. I looked around for a quick fix in the forums already, tried deleting the sections from the .htaccess file, this did not help. Honestly I do not know what the problem is, early this past week I tried installing a module that horribly conflicted with another already installed module on the site, after re-instating some backed up files, I receive this problem. Is it possible to completely uninstall this program through ftp and phpmyadmin? Let me know what information you need from me, I will be grateful for any advice anyone may have.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:53 am Reply with quote

You must set your NukeSentinel password BEFORE you activate http auth. You probably did it in reverse. Go into phpMyAdmin and edit the nsnst_config table. Change the HTTP Auth setting to 0 (zero). Then, nuke will let you log in. Goto Sentinel admin and add your NukeSentinel userid/pass. Then, turn HTTP Auth on.

kurayami

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:33 am Reply with quote

http_auth is already set to 0 (zero)

kurayami

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:53 am Reply with quote

actualy i noticed that i had an additional .htaccess file in the directory above my nuke directory, i deleated this and was allowed access to the actual admin login page, the security code image does not appear now and when i do type in my information (hitting properties on the security code line will give you the number) i get:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thehourp/public_html/nuke/mainfile.php:2) in /home/thehourp/public_html/nuke/auth.php on line 35

which is pretty much directly related to the other problems I have received since this crash in the first place. On the forums and member list screens I get:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thehourp/public_html/nuke/mainfile.php:2) in /home/thehourp/public_html/nuke/includes/sessions.php on line 222

and

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thehourp/public_html/nuke/mainfile.php:2) in /home/thehourp/public_html/nuke/includes/page_header.php on line 492

coppermine gives me:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thehourp/public_html/nuke/mainfile.php:2) in /home/thehourp/public_html/nuke/modules/coppermine/include/functions.inc.php on line 49

and clicking on a link under weblinks gives me:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thehourp/public_html/nuke/mainfile.php:2) in /home/thehourp/public_html/nuke/modules/Web_Links/index.php on line 924

this is quickly becomming a non nukesentinel issue, but if anyone has even a remote idea what i can do about this I would be all ears.

kurayami

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:08 pm Reply with quote

i looked into the auth.php file and found

<?php

instead of

<?php

i deleated the space and i can relog into the site. I still receive the other error messages, but I created my own problem with bad code, hehe, my bad.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:29 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kurayami

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:07 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure where the php.ini file would be.

doing the .htaccess fix gives me a white page - Internal Server Error

adding the line to mainfile.ini has no effect.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:20 pm Reply with quote

Internal Server Error usually, but not always, means that you have a syntax error in your .htaccess. Do you have anything at all in your .htaccess?

kurayami

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:21 pm Reply with quote

the .htaccess file works fine when it is blank, when i add that line

PHP_FLAG output_buffering On

it gives me the server error

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:28 pm Reply with quote

If you're sure that you typed the command
correctly and you receive an Internal Server Error, then it appears that your host does not allow you to use .htaccess, in which case you need to contact your host and ask them to turn output buffering on in the php.ini file and then restart the server.

One other thing you can try before calling them is to add this to .htaccess
AllowOverride All

If it still err's out, call them.

kurayami

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:43 pm Reply with quote

thank you for your help in this, i will give them a call this afternoon. One thing i did want to ask about before i did, concerning the .htaccess file was, although I receive the error message by putting in this single line; using the .htaccess file from the gt-nextgen pack has no conflicts, and that is a huge file.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:49 pm Reply with quote

It could be that they don't allow you to override PHP directives. Run phpinfo() before you call them and verify that output buffering is on or off.

kurayami

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:49 pm Reply with quote

how do i run phpinfo() ?

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:53 pm Reply with quote

<?
phpinfo();
?>

Save that as info.php, ftp it to your web server and run it.

kurayami

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:55 pm Reply with quote

output_buffering no value no value

kurayami

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:57 pm Reply with quote

is this something i could change through c panel?

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:40 pm Reply with quote

No. .htaccess is the only way. Call your host. There is no security issue involved so they should have it on anyway.

kurayami

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quote

thank you very much for the help, ill give em a call right now.

aresgodofwar30

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:35 pm Reply with quote

i am having the same issue where i try to login, and it's not taking my username and password. i checked the http auth and it is set to 0.
here is my .htaccess:
Code:

# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName lothclan.com
AuthUserFile /homepages/33/d97599058/htdocs/lothclan/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /homepages/33/d97599058/htdocs/lothclan/_vti_pvt/service.grp

Options All -Indexes
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html

# -------------------------------------------
# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth
<Files .staccess>
  deny from all
</Files>

<Files admin.php>
   <Limit GET POST PUT>
      require valid-user
   </Limit>
   AuthName "Restricted"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /.staccess
</Files>

# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) DENY FROM area

is the frontpage causing this problem? also, my .staccess file is empty. i have temporarily taken the sentinel info out of .htaccess so i can continue to administrate my site.

kurayami

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:07 pm Reply with quote

hey you know what, the problem had nothing to do with my .htaccess file. orriginaly when i crashed the php structure and tried to reinstall everything, i used an old header.php file to restore with. I had forgotten that with the collapsing block mod (which I had installed after saving the backup) I had a new header.php file. d*** that was a big headache, glad it's over.

aresgodofwar30

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:36 pm Reply with quote

my output buffering on the server is set to 0.
i tried adding
AllowOverride All
but then i don't even get prompted for username/password.

i also tried taking the frontpage mess out and tried with only the sentinel info in the .htaccess. didn't work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic