Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
jdimaging
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:39 pm Reply with quote

fury
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:21 am Reply with quote

when you created this template style did you misspell the name or did you try to create a sql query to create a style. the only thing I can think of is for you to login to you phpmyadmin adn check this table nuke_bbthemes or nuke_bbthemes_name and see if it is in there. Then let us know.
Thanks
Fury

jdimaging

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:41 am Reply with quote

I had gone in there after I screwed up. In my bbthemes I only have one now. Subsilver and in my bbthemes_name I only have one. Theme id is 1. Have I made it worse by just having this?

I actually changed it originally in the forum config and I think I made up a style thinking this is where I was supposed to add it but I don't know which file to look at or edit now. My goodness I feel foolish.

I went into phpmyadmin and deleted these 2 tables and brought them back in from a backup copy but still no luck, it only says Subsilver.

Embarassed

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:29 am Reply with quote

Using phpMyAdmin, in the bbconfig table, make sure that default_style = 1.

jdimaging

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Thank you for this. I went into phpmyadmin and deleted the bbconfig table and brought in the old one and it works like a charm.

Any hints on how to change the theme for the board? Also on upgrading. I want to go the 6.9 but am scared. Once I copy over the files is what do I do to update the database?

Thanks again. Nuke Cops has be so overwelmed with data I spend hours and never find what I need. I always feel so dumb. Embarassed

Darlene Laughing

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:43 pm Reply with quote

To upgrade the files, you have to copy over them, unfortunately. You will have to reapply any customizations that you did.

To upgrade the database, you copy all the files from the upgrade folder to your root nuke folder (where config.php is) that apply to your situation. If you're going from 6.5 to 6.9, you will run them in order
6.5 to 6.6
6.6 to 6.7
6.7 to 6.8
6.8 to 6.9

If you haven't done much customization you might just want to reconsider and just do a fresh install of 6.9. If so, get it from here as I have applied the most urgent security fixes already, at least that I know of. It will save you a few steps anyway Wink

mikem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:59 pm Reply with quote

If you want to "change" the theme for your phpBB Forums, I suggest modifying the subSilver one to your liking.
Otherwise, make sure you use phpBB styles that are specifically ported for the phpBB in Nuke. You can find these over at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

mikem

jdimaging

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:16 pm Reply with quote

I actually have the ported bb. Just not sure how to use it. The file is in my themes and then says forum but doesn't come up with that theme selection so I am not sure how to use the bb theme which goes with the theme I am using. I know I am missing something simple, but... Can't figure it out for the life of me?

mikem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:21 pm Reply with quote

Are you using that Elektro theme?

Themes that have a forums folder in them...that is the matching phpBB tempalte. In nuke6.5 and up you do not need to move that folder. You simply upload the theme with the matchign phpBB temaplte to the themes folder. The phpBB forum will use the theme's forum folder first for it's template. If it does not find a forums folder in the theme's folder, then it will use the default subSilver.

So basically you dont' do anythign except upload the theme to your themes fodler. Don't change ANYTHING. If ti has a matching phpBB template with it, it will work by just uploading the theme .

Frogger
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:25 pm Reply with quote

I'm sure there are probably other ways, but I did the same thing once and just went into the database and changed the field in the table - back to the original theme.

Maybe we can get Raven to write a fixtheme.php for forums so we can fix our goofs..... Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:51 pm Reply with quote

Yes that is the theme I am using and I had uploaded it to the theme directory and thought it would just automatically use that theme board but it doesn't so that is when I tried calling it in the forum config.

Weird wonder why it doesn't just use that design as that is what it usually does but won't this time. Any other ideas how to make it go to that theme file?
Darlene

jdimaging

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:24 am Reply with quote

Still haven't figured out why the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is not calling up the default bulletin board. It is still using sub silver. Besides activating the theme in the preferences any ideas how to reference using the theme bulletin board included with Elecktro.

Am really happy I got sub silver back but really would like to use the matching bb theme.

Thank for your input.

Darlene

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:39 am Reply with quote

Darlene,

If you would PM me your

site url, adminid, adminpw
ftp url, id, pw
phpMyAdmin url, id, pw

I will look into this as soon as I can.

jdimaging

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:34 pm Reply with quote

Raven this was the post I had been working on. When I selected the theme Elektro in the admin I get this error
Quote:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not open Elektro template config file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 340
File : /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/talkingworks.com/httpdocs/modules/Forums/includes/functions.php

I have no idea what to do to fix it. This error also comes up when you go to your account, private messages. Any ideas would be appreciated as would love to use the bulletin board for the Elektro Theme.
Darlene

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:10 am Reply with quote

After about 4 hours I believe you are fixed. Your Forums Admin style will need a little more tweaking. I only adjusted enough of the color to make you able to see it. Your main issue with that debug error is due to the fact that you are calling your theme from the Forums folder and not the themes folder. That's not how it was designed. it took me a while to figure out that for some reason your are not actually using the forum folder in the theme file! Anyway, you should be good to go from here. Donations are always welcomed Wink

jdimaging

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:42 pm Reply with quote

Raven, thank you so much. I don't know how this happened as I actually have the bb theme in the themes directory. How would I change this association to somewhere else. Still haven't mastered bbs.

This is a paid job so will be back with a donation when I get paid.

Thanks again, you are the guru.
Darlene

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:45 pm Reply with quote

The system access the theme part ok. But, because you also have the forums part of the theme in the Forums module directory, it is accessing it there. The theme part and the forum/theme part are two distinct entities.

jdimaging

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:12 pm Reply with quote

I never meant to do this. I just put it there because I couldn't get it to access it from the theme so one of these days will have to fix this up as want it running perfectly. Thanks for your help. Darlene

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic