Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
brentnhunter
Client

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:53 pm Reply with quote

I am having problems with the Journal feature on my phpnuke site (version 7.3). Many of my site visitors tell me that they spend time writing a journal entry and then click on the save button and it doesn't get saved, and their journal entry is nowhere to be found. If they try it a few times it might work. Does anyone know what might be going on? Are there any hacks or revisions to make it any better?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide,

Brent Hunter [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:33 pm Reply with quote

Hang on a bit my servers down but I have one with a few minor bug fixes. I'll post the link as soon as I get the revised files uploaded.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:52 pm Reply with quote

Awesome, thank you so much. I look forward to the link. Thanks again.

Cheers!

Brent

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:01 pm Reply with quote

Ok try this [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
There are a few things in the readme there but nothing out of the ordinary really.

It needs the files from Chatservs Patched Series or change the line back to:
if (!eregi("modules.php", $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])) {
die ("You can't access this file directly...");
}
If your not using the Patched Series files.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:08 pm Reply with quote

Thanks very much six. Although I keep hearing about it, I'm not sure what Chatserv is, is that a person or the name of a system or something? If it is a software patch, what is the patch for? What part of the system?

I have downloaded the file you told me about and I look forward to installing it!

Brent

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:21 pm Reply with quote

Well chatserv is a man who has taken the merciless task of patching PHPNuke to task in a huge way. He actively maintains the current and backward compatable patches for PHPNuke 6.0 - 7.5 in drop and go packages for us all. These are a must have no matter what version of PHPNuke you use. All of the seperate packages are listed on the main page. Or to get the absolute latest files you can use the cvs at sourceforge there is some info here to help get started with cvs.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:24 pm Reply with quote

Oh wow, so that's why I keep hearing what I now know as his name! Well, I am a customer here and Raven installed my Nuke for me. Is this something I need to worry about?

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:08 pm Reply with quote

Have to check with the Boss on that one. I doubt there is much to be concerned with.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 pm Reply with quote

So if I just install the Journal mod fix, it should work. (*fingers crossed*)

Raven, in case you read this post, do I need to worry about the Chatserv patch referred to above?

Thanks!

Brent

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:29 pm Reply with quote

brenthunter should be fine to install that way. Just check if your files use the protection line at the begining as PHP_SELF or SCRIPT_NAME if something breaks just scream Raven!!! Like we all do Dance-Y

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:35 pm Reply with quote

(*chuckle*)

id01

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:26 pm Reply with quote

Hello, my site is getting similar problem, and the fix seem to be gone, is there anyone out where who know the fix?

amber222
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote

I had a problem with entries not going into the Journal - no error messages either. After checking that all the files were there, I realized that I was using a non-standard theme and there was no folder for it in /modules/Journal/styles/. I copied one of the other style folders and renamed it for my theme. Now everthing works fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic