Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
brentnhunter
Client

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Is there a feature, a module, a module hack, a block, etc. that would allow my site members to receive ALL postings made in a specific topic in the forums area? Right now members can receive an email whenever someone posts a reply to a post they made. I am wondering if there is a way for someone who didn't make a post to receive notifications of all posts made in a certain forum category/topic.

A related question is can members receive the text of the reply via their email without having to come back to the forums area of my site, if they chose to do so?

Thanks again for any help or pointers anyone can provide.

Cheers!

Brent Hunter

TheosEleos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:24 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is the best place for forums hacks.

You can 'watch' any topic you want by clicking the 'watch this topic for replies' link. Everything else you mention you will need to look at that web site to find.

I know they have a hack to send the text in a topic you are watching.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:29 pm Reply with quote

Thank you, I'll check it out.

I don't see an option for "watch this topic" anywhere on my forums. This is what it says at the bottom of my forum area:

Powered by phpBB 2.0.7 © 2001 phpBB Group

Am I supposed to see a "watch this topic" button somewhere? If so, where can I find it?

Thank you!

Brent Hunter [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

dean
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:36 pm Reply with quote

Go to Codezwiz site and look for the forum notification mod. That will give ya what you want. I used it for awhile myself on one of my sites without difficulty. The user identifys which forums they want notificaiton and they will receive emails of complete postings of ANY topics in that forum.

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:07 pm Reply with quote

brentnhunter wrote:
Am I supposed to see a "watch this topic" button somewhere? If so, where can I find it?

I registered at your site and I don't find the link either. Sounds like a theme issue to me. I would check with whoever made your theme and see what is up.

This function has been around long before your version of phpbb.

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:11 pm Reply with quote

dean, thank you. I located and downloaded the mod from codewiz. It looks like it's not too difficult but it's not a slam dunk installation either, so I'm going to take my time trying to install it. Thanks again!

Theoseleos, thank you for your thoughts. I tried using a few different themes on my site and the feature just doesn't appear. But I've downloaded a mod fix so I'm hoping that will work. Thanks again.

Brent

dean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:18 pm Reply with quote

Of course take your time but you will be surprised how easy it is to install. Just dont forget you installed it when it comes time to upgrade.......

brentnhunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Oh boy... HitsFan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic