Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
Bigboy177
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:11 am Reply with quote

I have a block with Games' premiers... I wan't to make some buttons in this block... But I don't wan't the whole page to reload... I wan't only to load the blocks contents... Is it possible... And please some directions how to do it... Smile

Last edited by Bigboy177 on Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total 
sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:17 am Reply with quote

Check out Raven's Who is Where block as an example.

Bigboy177

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:35 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply... But there are no buttons in this block... And I still don't know how to make a button, that after I press it will refresh the block with the proper info... For example:

the Block is showing PC Games' premiers... And After I press the button XBOX the block refreshes with the XBOX Games' premiers...

I hope you know what I mean... Smile

Last edited by Bigboy177 on Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total 
sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:00 am Reply with quote

Yep I guess I do what I was getting at with that is the refresh is automated. But you could use a java button with the action refresh action something like this:
<input type="button" onclick="javascr+pt:location.reload();">
It will still have to be run in an iframe to make it independent of the full page refresh.

Bigboy177

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:30 am Reply with quote

I'm sorry for bothering you... But I've never used such buttons... Can you please write where should I put the function I want to call... from the premiers module... Or maybe when I use this button I won't have to make a module... and put everything in a block... Can you write a simple function for me to look, that will refresh the block... Smile Thanks for your time... Smile

Last edited by Bigboy177 on Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Bigboy177

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:36 am Reply with quote

Maybe someone can help... I really need to know how to do it... Maybe a tutorial or a manual or something like that... where I can learn how to do such buttons... Please I really need it... Smile

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:26 am Reply with quote

<form>
<input type="button" value="Refresh" onclick="javascr+pt:location.reload();">
</form>

Something like this running in a I-Frame in your block. The button would have to be on the page being opened in the frame.

Bigboy177

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:53 pm Reply with quote

I tried adding the Iframe... and the button... But all I see in the block after adding it, is a white square... and I don't see the button here's how the code looks like:

Code:

$content .= "<iframe frameborder=\"0\" allowtransparency=\"true\"><DIV STYLE=\"overflow: auto; align=center width: 200px; height: 150; border-left: 0px gray solid; border-bottom: 0px gray solid;
border-right: 0px gray solid; border-top: 0px gray solid;
padding:0px; margin: 0px\"><form><input type=\"button\" value=\"XBOX\" onclick=\"javascript:location.reload()\">";

Maybe I should change something...

And I was also wondring, if I'm doing it right... Because I wan't to add not only one button to this block but 5... XBOX, PS2, PS, GC, And PC... and I don't know how to modify the button to refresh the block with the info from function XBOX, or PS2 and so on... Do I need a different button... Or maybe I should use something else... ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic