Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
The_cobra666
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:27 am Reply with quote

Hello all,

He's the problem:

This afternoon I couldn't logon on to my site anymore couse I forgot my password (admin password).

Then I went to here and changed the password to the above that you guys said in the FAQ.

Ok thanx now I could logon but, when I went to : edit admins to change my password I get banned by sentinel cause I'am hacking or something :p, the admin :s, I'am the god admin and it says that to me :s

Can anyone help me?

greetings From Belgium , the cobra666

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Use phpMyAdmin and reset your password in nsnst_admins. Remember to md5 it when saving. Alternatively, turn HTTP Auth in nsnst_config and then login as nuke God admin and reset your password and then reset HTTP Auth.

blith
Client

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:55 pm Reply with quote

I have a suggestion about something thatr might be happening becasue I did it twice. If you set your HTTP Auth to on before you set your logins and passwords you get immediately banned. What needs to happen is people need to set up HTTP Auth before turning it on. If there is a way for it to not be turned on until those logins and passwords have been set that would be helpful.

The_cobra666

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:00 pm Reply with quote

K I don't understand the first thing: reset your password in nsnst_admins, there isn't anypassword in it :p, Do I have to typ one in there or something?

Sorry if I'am anoying but nukesentinel is new for me, well not new but these kind of problems do are new for me Smile

greetz

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:07 pm Reply with quote

Blith has described what your problem is. You turned HTTP Auth on before you set your password. And Blith, your suggestion is an excellent one Wink Cobra, you will need to use phpMyAdmin, edit the nsnst_config table and set HTTP_Auth to 0 (zero). Then, assign a password in the NukeSentinel admin screen. Then turn HTTP Auth to ON.

blith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:27 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Blith has described what your problem is. You turned HTTP Auth on before you set your password. And Blith, your suggestion is an excellent one Wink

OMG OMG OMG I am useful!! Thanks Raven! Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:36 pm Reply with quote

Don't jump to conclusions ROTFL

The_cobra666

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:39 pm Reply with quote

aarggh Sad, http auth was off Sad it wil not alow me to do anything in the admin. I can logon but if I click on anything it kickes me.

I'am out of suggestions here Sad, is there away to completely reset nukesentinel?

greetz

The_cobra666

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quote

OWMYGOD now it's all perfect now I'am completely banned :@ Sad what's going on :s

well there is one thing: nukesentinel WORKS :p

greetz

//edit ok, now I'am unbanned Smile but that doesn't solves the admin problem :p, well atleast I can do something on the site :p

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:08 pm Reply with quote

Question, did you copy the sample.htaccess file contents into your .htaccess file? If so you have setup CGIAuth with out it having stored the logins and passwords in the .staceess file.

The_cobra666

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:53 am Reply with quote

no I didn't copy it.

anything else that might be wrong?

greetz

The_cobra666

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:46 am Reply with quote

fu*****ng stupid phpnuke. Now it's all great. I can not logon on the admin anymore Sad, nobody can. I've made an extra account on the nuke_authors and it won't allow this account to logon also :@. It's very weird. But now it's working on my nerves. I've also unstalled the nukesentinel, deleted all the files and deleted the tables doesn't helps.

What is going oN??????

greetz

BobMarion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:31 pm Reply with quote

Are you working on a sub-domain or sub-directory below another Nuke site that has CGIAuth in place?

morpheus_75
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:07 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Blith has described what your problem is. You turned HTTP Auth on before you set your password. And Blith, your suggestion is an excellent one Wink Cobra, you will need to use phpMyAdmin, edit the nsnst_config table and set HTTP_Auth to 0 (zero). Then, assign a password in the NukeSentinel admin screen. Then turn HTTP Auth to ON.

Hi Raven, I have a question for you. If I log in as superuser and try to enter "edit admins", I am kicked out by Sentinel. I have HTTP_Auth set to 0 and cannot find how to assign a password in the NukeSentinel admin screen. Can u help me?

P.S.: if i login as God Admin everything is fine Wink

BobMarion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:50 am Reply with quote

This is because NukeSentinel REQUIRES you to be a GOD admin to effect any changes to admins or admin status Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic