Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Announcements
oprime2001
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:19 am Reply with quote

I noticed that there is a "Receive Newsletter by Email?" option within Your Account on this site. Is the newsletter for this site active? What kind of information is sent? Specifically, I was wondering if the newsletter is used to send out notices on Sentinel updates/upgrades/security fixes/etc.

If not, I think that would be something that would benefit Sentinel/RavenPHPScripts software users. I've recommended Sentinel to a number of site admins. but some of these admins don't have the time/inclination to check every day/week/month for updates/sec.fixes/etc. I think that we'd appreciate a notice (via newsletter) of these updates should the need ever arise. For example, I certainly appreciated the email that I got from the OSTicket developers when a vulnerability and subsequent patch was released.

Just a thought. Thanks.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:06 am Reply with quote

Thanks, and I have thought about it. But, due to the number of registered users the volume is prohibitive. What I mean is that many people register with one time email addy's from Yahoo or wherever, and never monitor. And most people say NO automatically. Possibly a 'News in Brief' block for members? I'll chew on that a while Smile

oprime2001

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:18 am Reply with quote

As an alternative to the newsletter, how about creating a specific a moderator-only/locked topic (e.g "NukeSentinel announcements") within the NukeSentinel forum? People can then sign up for notifications to that particular topic for when replies are posted.

Since the topic would be new, users have to opt-in to receive notifications of replies to the topic/Sentinel updates.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:04 pm Reply with quote

Done. Great idea!

oprime2001

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:08 pm Reply with quote

Are you planning on adding a new topic for each announcement / update? If so, I don't know whether users can subscribe /watch a particular FORUM.

My thought was to have a single topic within a particular forum that would have replies from NukeSentinel moderators/admins. Users can then subscribe/watch the topic to receive email notifications of these replies/updates from moderators/admins-only.

Currently, the new forum NukeSentinel™ Announcements that you created has two topics. You could consolidate the two topics, and, going forward, reply to only the single topic. Users can then subscribe/watch this single topic and receive notification.

Again, I don't mean to be nitpicky. I'm prolly using inaccurate terminology (post vs. topic vs. reply vs. forum, etc.) I'm just trying to make it a little easier for admins using NukeSentinel to receive automatic, email notifications of NukeSentinel updates/upgrades/sec.fixes.

Thanks.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:16 pm Reply with quote

Hows this? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

oprime2001

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:22 pm Reply with quote

Nice! RavensScripts Thanks.

I'll tell those to whom I've recommended NukeSentinel to subscribe to that topic to get notication of updates.

Rolling Eyes I don't know why they just can't come and visit this site every day to get their daily fix -- like they have more important things to do or something! Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic