Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP
G-Rard_B
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:51 pm Reply with quote

Okay, I installed this. It looks like a good thing, but I don't know where to put my php files to test them out and I don't know how to put them anywhere. There's no public_html folder or anything.....can someone help me? I just installed it. No modifications....The directions are too hard for my to understand.

Thanks,
Gerard

GeekyGuy
Client

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:48 pm Reply with quote

I was actually too lazy to figure out how to change the location, so I just put all of my subfolders in \apache2triad\htdocs\NUKE-SUBFOLDERS. And to call them in your browser, use localhost/NUKE_SUBFOLDERS

Works great, I have every version since 7.2 installed locally, for testing and hacking around on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:18 pm Reply with quote

It workS! You is da man! You too, Raven. Thanks for spending time trying to help me, you guys.

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:25 pm Reply with quote

Awesome. Have fun hacking on Nuke locally, with out the hassle of having to 'upload' your changes every time.

G-Rard_B

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:26 pm Reply with quote

Hey, I've got another question. How do I change file permissions?

Thanks,
Gerard

G-Rard_B

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:50 pm Reply with quote

Hmmmm..............

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:12 pm Reply with quote

I would think that if this is installed locally, Windows would controll this. You just want to make sure files are not marked as read only.

G-Rard_B

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:44 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, but for some reason it won't let me start apache now (I get an error). Why would that happen all of a sudden?

thanks,
Gerard

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:46 pm Reply with quote

What error message are you receiving?

G-Rard_B

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:08 pm Reply with quote

"The requested operation has failed!"

Thanks,
Gerard

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:31 pm Reply with quote

In my install, it sets Apache as a service that runs on startup. I don't have to start Apache.

Maybe uninstall/reinstall?

G-Rard_B

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:36 pm Reply with quote

I didn't do anything and it works now Smile. I have one last question (hopefully the last). I don't have a domain name, and I had Apache running. I wanted to change permissions for a file because one of my scripts was unable to open a file. I opened SmartFTP and entered "localhost" and my username/password. Login was successful, but when I tried changing file permissions I got "500 Syntax error, command "SITE" unrecognized." Any ideas on what this means?

Thanks,
Gerard

G-Rard_B

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:41 pm Reply with quote

Well after reading the readme file, I assume that SlimFTP doesn't recognize the "SITE" command. Is there a way to use a different command in SmartFTP or a way to make SlimFTP recognize it?

Thanks,
Gerard

G-Rard_B

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:21 pm Reply with quote

I guess not :-\

whiteknight0571
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:38 am Reply with quote

G-Rard_B

The reason for this is that you are running on a windows box, correct? When an FTP client attempts to do a file mod like that on a windows box, the windows box does not recognize the change being attempted thus sending you back that error message. CHMOD is more a UNIX/LINUX based command and one that is not recognized by windows OS. As stated previously in the thread, make sure they are not read only or archived files through right clicking your files and checking the properties. All that done, everything else should work just fine as long as you have the proper modules in Apache installed that are needed to run the scripts you are working with.

GeekyGuy

If you're interested, open up your httpd.conf file in a reliable text editor. I use Crimson Editor. Now scroll down until you find an entry as follows:
Code:
Alias /icons/ "D:/apache2triad/icons/"

<Directory "D:/apache2triad/icons">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Highlight, right click, copy the code, and then insert the code just below itself leaving one blank line. Next, edit Alias /icons/ to whatever you want to use to call the folder you are setting up, ie /phpnuke7-3/. Next you will have to edit "D:/apache2triad/icons" to reflect the file folder. I find it easiest to open up the proper folder in My Computer and then copy and paste the address bar area. You will have to change all "\" to "/". Be sure to leave the trailing "/".

Next you will have to edit "D:/apache2triad/icons" to reflect the file folder again. This time, WITHOUT the trailing "/". Easiest way is to copy the last edit and paste it, then remove the final trailing "/". Restart Apache and call the folder from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] if you used phpnuke7-3 as described in the example above. If not, then use whatever you used in place of phpnuke7-3 above.

Hope this helps you both out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHP

View next topic
View previous topic