Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:40 am Reply with quote

Hi Raven

Just a friendly heads-up about a problem I discovered here with the Recommended sites block.

In IE (gosh, I can't believe I actually loaded IE, but I had to check) the problem doesn't exist, but in Firefox or other Gecko browsers, the content of the block doesn't scroll in, and then when it reaches the end, it jumps (on your screen) back to the first item... versus scrolling out.

UPDATE: The new "NukeSentinel blocked" block (that sounds funny) is doing the same thing.

DJ was having the exact same problem with his scrolling forum block over at CPG and this was just fixed recently (a couple of days ago).... I believe it had something to do with content being larger (...longer?) than the default values of the initial block config, or something like that, but you should be able to hit him up for the quick fix information if it doesn't jump out at you.

Just thought you should know. Smile

Finally, I wanted to give you a heads-up about at least one of your CSS issues.

To fix the #listbutton "hand" problem, make this change in your Collapsing Forums block (NOTE: It will not affect how the block works at all)..
Change the cursor:hand line to read:
Code:
cursor:pointer;cursor:pointer;

I also modified the #listbutton font to be CSS compliant by changing it to:
Code:
font: normal 10px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

Hope this helps in your CSS efforts (what little help it is anyway)

UPDATE: This is what DJMaze said about the block problem that was happening in his marquee blocks.... Hope it helps!

Quote:
ok i've found out why it happens.

The <marquee> has a fixed height (220) this caused marquee to autouse a fixed width as well.

But the height and width are calculated AFTER the scroll.
So the <marquee> uses an original calculated height (say 1000 pixels) and then wraps the text which extends the height to say 1500 pixels.

So the scroll is using 1000 pixels while the actualy text is 1500 pixels in height.
That's why the scroll doesn't work properly.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:40 am Reply with quote

64Bit, Are all these issues fixed now?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:47 pm Reply with quote

It looks like the scrolling blocks are all okay with the exception of the Downloads block.

The CSS issues are still there somewhere, but it looks odd as they are a style instruction that I don't think is coming from your style.css (though I could be wrong).

In a nutshell, this is the problematic code:
Code:

.mymodulesselectbox{
   background:#f7f8fc;
   scrollbar-3dlight-color:#d1d7dc;
   scrollbar-arrow-color:#006699;
   scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#98aab1;
   scrollbar-face-color:#dee3e7;
   scrollbar-highlight-color:#ffffff;
   scrollbar-shadow-color:#dee3e7;
   scrollbar-track-color:#efefef;
}

and then right after that
Code:

#fc_listbutton{
border:1px solid #4B4B4B;
background-color:#F3F3F3;
width:50px;
height:12px;
font: normal 11px Arial;
text-align:center;
cursor:pointer;cursor:hand;
vertical-align:top;
}

.expandhighlight, .expandhighlight a{
color:red;
}

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:08 pm Reply with quote

Update: The downloads block does not have the "Jumpy" problem that I described about the other blocks; however, the scrolling does not scroll in and scroll out in the normal methodology.

What I mean specifically is:... The first download (or first couple, depending on how fast the page loads) is gone before you'd ever get a chance to see it.

When it reaches the end, there is what looks like two blank lines before #1 comes up again... meaning it doesn't scroll out to blank before restarting.

It is NOT all jumpy though as the other ones used to be, so I suspect that this problem is just a tad different... or the problem looks to be, "In the Same church, but a different pew" if you will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic