Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
DawgE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Hello All,

Just trying to figure out how the blocking routine works within Sentinel™ as I have 3 IP's 2 companies constantly doing something on my site that I can't figure out.

1 is M$ themselves.
2 is a company listed as inktomisearch.com but that domain does not exist and when I click on the link from samspade it comes up to one of those annoying search sites basically telling you the domain doesn't exist but hey search around here for awhile.

These are not being caught by Sentinel™ so I am not sure if I have done everything correctly or not. The only reason that I know that these Bots or Spiders are crawling around my site is because I have Raven's Site Info block that will allow me to see who is connected to my website when logged in as admin.

I am running Nuke 7.4 Patched, Sentinel™ 2.0.2, and a few other non-related mods I would think.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Frequent lock ups are a symptom of not enough memory but only in the way that nosebleeds are a symptom of gunshot wounds to the head. 
sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:49 pm Reply with quote

If the IP's are being spoofed (Which if they go back to M$ could very well be) then its going to be a little tough to block them. You might check the inktomi IP's in your logs and see if the User-Agent is in the Harvestor List (I think it is). If not add it in there.

DawgE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:58 pm Reply with quote

sixonetonoffun wrote:
If the IP's are being spoofed (Which if they go back to M$ could very well be) then its going to be a little tough to block them. You might check the inktomi IP's in your logs and see if the User-Agent is in the Harvestor List (I think it is). If not add it in there.

Ok plese tell me there is an easier way to check this then going through the actual server logs.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Those are simply search engines.

DawgE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:19 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Those are simply search engines.

Thanx Raven so I assume that they are nothing to worry about.

Though both seem to be on my site more then I am Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic