Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.3
Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:47 pm Reply with quote

A friend managed to get a Fantastico install of 7.3 onto his site. I bartered with him for something shiny Laughing to do a fresh install of one of Chat's patched versions so his site would be more secure.
I downloaded 7.5 from here, but am having a syntax error show up. Now reading the forums looking for what to correct, I am wondering if he is not better off with just patching what he has there. It's almost virgin, no added mods, just a few post as test.
I'm looking for opinions on 7.3 as opposed to 7.5 from someone who is ir has used both.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Basically 7.5 gives you more direct control over the admin functionality of your modules. Other than that, read the changes in the distro and you'll see that it's Chat's fixes otherwise.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Then maybe the easiest thing for both me and my friend is to just overwrite the existing with a patch version. Seems alot easier to me.
<fingers crossed, lips puckered> RavensScripts
Why am in getting this with Chat's sql install?
Quote:
Warning: main(db/db.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sitename/public_html/nativethoughts/mainfile.php on line 116

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'db/db.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sitename/public_html/nativethoughts/mainfile.php on line 116

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Make sure the db folder exists and that in it a db.php file exists among other files, more importantly mysql.php

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:51 pm Reply with quote

I've got a nukesql folder, and nukesql.php, but no db folder or db.php in my root. I've uploaded all that was in the zip, and rechecked it. No files named db found.
*excuse me while I have a blonde moment*

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:44 pm Reply with quote

Shouldn't that have been in the download for the patched series Chat? I've looked over the entire download, and somehow it has missed me....

chatserv

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:03 pm Reply with quote

Ok let me clarify as you seem to be missing basic Nuke files, nukesql is a db tables installer for PHP-Nuke, it does not come with any of Nuke's files, it expects you to have them, as for Nuke Patched, more or less the same deal, they are files that have been modified to either fix bugs or patch vulnerabilities, this last one does include Nuke files but not all, only those that required patching, again in this case you need to have PHP-Nuke first. Hope this helps.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:43 pm Reply with quote

It does indeed help me, Chat. Thank you. I paid not attention when I downloaded, just assumed it was the entire package.
Now back to that blonde moment. man, do I feel stupid.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.3

View next topic
View previous topic