Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:42 am Reply with quote

Hi

I've been working on my site for longer than I would like to admit and while I was able to finally fix all of my style.css issues, when I went to start working on the HTML Validation, I found that the W3C Validator is being redirected away from my site.

I can see some sentinel code on the screen, but for the life of me, can't figure out how (or why) Sentinel is blocking it. I've checked my referrer and harvester settings and I'm just baffled at this point. I also looked at my .htaccess and can't find anything in there that might be causing the problem either.

I'd like to open this up for the validator that is using the link:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2F64bit.us%2Findex.html?charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=%28detect+automatically%29
to test my site.... Does anyone have any ideas where I'm going south?

Thanks!

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:06 am Reply with quote

Can you post the sentinel code that you see that is blocking it?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:20 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an SGML parser.

Line 1, column 0: no document type declaration; implying "<!DOCTYPE HTML SYSTEM>"

<html>

The checked page did not contain a document type ("DOCTYPE") declaration. The Validator has tried to validate with the HTML 4.01 Transitional DTD, but this is quite likely to be incorrect and will generate a large number of incorrect error messages. It is highly recommended that you insert the proper DOCTYPE declaration in your document -- instructions for doing this are given above -- and it is necessary to have this declaration before the page can be declared to be valid.

Line 6, column 70: required attribute "ALT" not specified

...use/logo.png" height="60" width="468"><br />You have been blocked from enteri

The attribute given above is required for an element that you've used, but you have omitted it. For instance, in most HTML and XHTML document types the "type" attribute is required on the "script" element and the "alt" attribute is required for the "img" element.

Typical values for type are type="text/css" for <style> and type="text/javascript" for <script>.

Line 16, column 18: document type does not allow element "HR" here

</html><hr noshade>

The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).

Line 17, column 18: document type does not allow element "DIV" here

<div align='right'>NukeSentinel 2.0.2 by: NukeScripts.net</div>

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:35 am Reply with quote

How do you know that NukeSentinel is blocking it?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:42 am Reply with quote

Well, I don't know if it is the .htaccess, or NukeSentinel or even something else, but I do know that it is seeing something NukeSentinel related as that screen reflects it.

It's somehow ending up on an abuse page.....or so it looks anyway... Either that or my site has suddenly, all by itself, become darn close to HTML compliant.

But I'm thinking that the:
Quote:

...use/logo.png" height="60" width="468"><br />You have been blocked from enteri

Is the give away.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:47 am Reply with quote

If you type the url in your browser do you get banned?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:55 am Reply with quote

I don't think I can get banned regardless, but to answer your question... No, I don't, but keep in mind, that I think it is functioning as a referrer or more likely a harvester at that point anyway....

What's funny is that I could query the index.html page via the W3C CSS checker from jigsaw.w3c.org, but I can't get the validator from this address to work...

I'm more than happy to share my .htaccess if you think the problem is in there. At this point I'm just trying to nail down what is causing it....

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:02 am Reply with quote

NukeSentinel is not blocking anything as far as I can tell. Remember that NukeSentinel is called every time that mainfile.php is called. Therefore, there appears to be some standard's issues with the coding even though the browsers accept it for display. Just work through the errors as you would for any other html page.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:15 am Reply with quote

Okay...

1 Stupid problem....

On my index.html page (AND ONLY that page) I'm getting like 5 blank lines before my
Quote:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
message.

Any idea what would cause that?

I've checked everywhere I can think of and can't nail it down.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:18 am Reply with quote

Look in includes/meta.php, header.php, includes/my_header.php

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:30 am Reply with quote

Yeah, I checked all of those.... nothing at all that I could find that would do that...

Also, I'm assuming that all of those files would exist on all other pages too...

Also, it's happening before loading either the meta data or the header.php as that is where the
Code:
    echo "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN\">\n";
is and the my_header is even after that. It must be something that loads before any of this, and why it gets only into the index.html and index.php is a mystery.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:46 am Reply with quote

Here's another thought. IE (I know you probably don't use it but you may have in the past) blocks receiving any data to the browser unless it gets a minimum of 300 bytes, or something like that. So, some people will add code that sends a string of 300 blank characters to force IE to start receiving data in chunks. The browser, of course, only displays 1 blank. Is it possible that somewhere along the line you maye tried that and the code is still being called?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:57 am Reply with quote

It's nothing that I ever setup... I'm not even sure where I would look for something like that beyond the header.php. I think I've checked everywhere but in the data of the database itself, but again, without understanding the context of what is telling it to generate the blank area (exact sequence of loaded Nuke pages before the one's we've discussed already ... that might have echo data or somehow otherwise output data) I can't nail it down.

My site was never setup for chunk delivery of content either. Just regular transitional.

Next, I have also learned that sentinel is blocking the html W3C validator because it is now sending it to the forwarding site... Why it's doing this I have no idea.

I'm thinking it must have banned the IP from that service, which I'll now have to try to track down... Either that or Sentinel is not happy with what it is trying to do.

UPDATE: BINGO.. It for some reason thinks it's a harvester.

Okay... I deleted it's ban, and then went back and tried again.. and guess what? It banned it again for using a get... or so I'm assuming.. which leads me to... how come it works for everyone else?

Quote:
Blocked IP: 128.30.52.13
User: Anonymous
Agent: W3C_Validator/1.305.2.148 libwww-perl/5.800
Blocked on: 2004-10-09 06:02:25
Notes: Added by NukeSentinel
Reason: Abuse-Harvest

Query String:
Forwarded For: none
Client IP: none
Remote Address: 128.30.52.13
Remote Port: 37483
Request Method: GET

Last edited by 64bitguy on Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:02 am Reply with quote

What is the user agent? Run it through my Agent Inspector

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:05 am Reply with quote

I just thought of a new feature.. an EXCLUDE list Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:06 am Reply with quote

Just delete it Wink

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:08 am Reply with quote

I already did that.. every time I try to run it again, it adds it back in! Sad

I thnk I'll have to turn off harvesting to get it to work, unless you've got another idea....

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:12 am Reply with quote

Did you run it in the agent inspector after you deleted it? There may be another one that's grabbing it.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:33 am Reply with quote

Showed nothing in agent inspector. Said to report it here... Should I load that on my server?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:45 am Reply with quote

Post the top part of the email that shows the agent, reason, and url.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:11 am Reply with quote

Date & Time: 2004-10-09 06:02:25
Blocked IP: 128.30.52.13
User ID: Anonymous (1)
Reason: Abuse-Harvest
String Match: libwww-perl
--------------------
User Agent: W3C_Validator/1.305.2.148 libwww-perl/5.800
Query String: 64bit.us/index.php
Forwarded For: none
Client IP: none
Remote Address: 128.30.52.13
Remote Port: 37483
Request Method: GET

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:47 am Reply with quote

Have you verified, using phpMyAdmin, that libwww-perl is not in the nsnst_blockers table? And you have positively removed it from the Harvester configuration in NukeSentinel Admin?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:09 am Reply with quote

Ya know.. that's so weird.. I had been looking for W3C or the domain name this whole time in the harvester list and never looked for just libwww-perl.. that's what it was (Even though an entire database search by libwww-perl revealed nothing.

I'm also weirded out that your agent inspector didn't pick up on it.... hmmmm.

Anyway.. problem solved. My next question is, is there anything bad that uses libwww-perl that I need to worry about?

Thanks!

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:52 am Reply with quote

The reason I didn't pick it up was that the list I was using didn't have it in it, nor does my current one. I must have deleted it soemwhere along the way.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:25 pm Reply with quote

Agent Inspector is now up to date. Try the Agent string now Laughing Smack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic