Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
beckett

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:40 am Reply with quote

Hi
In the NukeSentinel v2.02)™ Administration section I am unable to put the htaccess path and it indicates: htaccess Path: Not Available.

Also, when I select YES to Blocked proxies and save the settings, it will revert to NO in that selection.

What should I do to rectrify the above. Thanks.

Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:50 am Reply with quote

In Nuke Sentinel main admin section (first part you come to when clicking on the Sentinel icon in Admin, scroll down to htaccess Path and enter .htaccess then click Save changes.

You'll see then that htaccess is enabled.

Not sure why Yes is not staying selected when you put that for blocked proxies, just check you have uploaded all the sentinel files.

I dont set my block proxies to Yes as it stops some of my members who use AOL from accessing my site.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:07 am Reply with quote

beckett wrote:
Hi
In the NukeSentinel v2.02)™ Administration section I am unable to put the htaccess path and it indicates: htaccess Path: Not Available.

Also, when I select YES to Blocked proxies and save the settings, it will revert to NO in that selection.

What should I do to rectrify the above. Thanks.
Are any of the settings saving? Are you using Apache as your server software?

beckett

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:14 am Reply with quote

Hi
In the section you mention , NukeSentinel™ Administration, "htaccess Path" which is below "Default Page" and above "Admin Contacts" it states it is "Not available" so I can't set the path. I am in the right section? Thanks

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:17 am Reply with quote

Please answer my 2 questions Smile

beckett

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:19 pm Reply with quote

Sorry for not responding fully.
Yes all other settings are saving except the proxy one mentioned in my initial message. It is an Apache server. I used a command string you recommended to another person with a similiar problem and it said Apache.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:56 pm Reply with quote

Does HTTP Auth say Not Available also?

EvilAngel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:16 pm Reply with quote

Hello there, im having the same exact problem plus a few others...

My config:

- Linux redhat 9.0
- Apache 1.3.39
- PHP v4.3.8 with Zend Optimizer enabled.
- Phpinfo API says "Apache" not CGI.

- phpnuke version 7.5
- Chatserv's patches installed.
- NukeSentine 2.2

And i have made the corresponded aditions pointed in NukeSentinel readme.txt

I have a .htaccess file in my phpnuke root folder chmoded to 666

Content of my .htacess

<Limit GET PUT POST>
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
</Limit>

Including a empty line at the end.

I have tried setting the path to the .htacess to be ".htaccess" and also tried "/home/mysitedir/public_html/postnuke/.htaccess" witch is the correct complete path for my site with the same results.

Also modifications in "NukeSentinel™ Administration" Are written to the database (checked with myphpadmin) but are not shown again when i come back to "NukeSentinel™ Administration" it shows defaults.

Im getting:

Write to htaccess: Not Available no matter what.

Http auth its available apparently but doesnt work.

Also i cant see any admin name under "Protected Admins List" or in "Admin HTTPAuth List" and Clicking "Scan for New Admins" after about 3 seconds takes me to "NukeSentinel™ Administration".

Let me know if you need any more info or if you would like to enter my configuration to debug your also welcome, its a brand new install.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:21 pm Reply with quote

That would imply that the tables are not created in your database. Reinstall the tables.

EvilAngel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:26 pm Reply with quote

Hello there Raven, thanks for the ubber fast responce and the great script.

This tables exist in my database:

nuke_nsnst_admins
nuke_nsnst_blockers
nuke_nsnst_config
nuke_nsnst_ips

Am i missing any other tables?

And nuke_nsnst_config does contains the right info i put in "NukeSentinel™ Administration" but "NukeSentinel™ Administration" doesnt show it when i go back in there.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:43 pm Reply with quote

Delete all the tables and reupload all the files. Make sure that you make all the needed manual changes described in the readme file to the files. Then, recreate the tables.

EvilAngel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:25 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Delete all the tables and reupload all the files. Make sure that you make all the needed manual changes described in the readme file to the files. Then, recreate the tables.

Nope, just did that, same results... also i made sure, tables are there and they contain the info, but the script isnt doing it. Maybe is not compatible with 7.5? or problems with Patched 7.5 ?

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:38 pm Reply with quote

Check your nuke_nsnst_config table for the following two items. In one of the releases of NukeSentinel(tm) one or both were missing, don't remember which it was.:
Code:
INSERT INTO nuke_nsnst_config VALUES ('proxy_reason', 'admin_proxy_reason.tpl');

INSERT INTO nuke_nsnst_config VALUES ('proxy_switch', '0');

On the .htaccess path issue. It will report it is not availible if your server has PHP complied as PHP-CGI.

EvilAngel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:45 pm Reply with quote

I was missing proxy_switch, but after adding it still doesnt work, i even re downloaded the zip file, reversed to an unpatched 7.5 version and tried again from scratch and now i used the included install .sql file, it created everything even when nsnst.php didnt added proxy_switch the sql did but same results. Crying or Very sad

EvilAngel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:58 pm Reply with quote

has anyone managed to run patched 7.5 and nukesentinel 2.2? dont know what to do right now, dont want to run 7.5 without NS in fear of getting hacked after developing the site. :'(

BobMarion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote

EvilAngel, something strange is going on on your server. If you do not have a problem with it send me the ftp login info via webmaster(at)nukescripts(dot)net and I'll take a look this week at what is going on.

EvilAngel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:22 pm Reply with quote

BobMarion wrote:
EvilAngel, something strange is going on on your server. If you do not have a problem with it send me the ftp login info via webmaster(at)nukescripts(dot)net and I'll take a look this week at what is going on.

Thanks a LOT, i just emailed you all the info from apocalypse2k.at.gmail.dot.com in case your spam filters eat it.

Again, the help is really appresiated.

BobMarion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:53 pm Reply with quote

It's a little late but I found EvilAngel's issue and I'll leave it to him if he wants to disclose what it was or not.

Rocket

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:54 pm Reply with quote

I wish he would, because I am having a similar problem. My server is CGI. After several hours of frustration, I finally got the .htaccess to work.

I cannot, however, manage to make any of the options "save". I have the option to write to .htaccess because I physically inserted the path into the database. I confirmed that the settings are not changing in the database.

Help?

EvilAngel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:58 pm Reply with quote

Sorry i didnt posted this earlyer, my problem was that the database type of my phpnuke config file was set to mysql4 (i set it to that because..well, thats what im using) , and for some reason that didnt work alright.

After setting it back to MySQL it worked like a charm.

Hope this helps.

Rocket

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:10 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately no, my database is set as MySQL. I think something that is wrong is that, I don't have any options in the General Settings area past, Default Page???? WTH? I was reading about all these options, so I CAREFULLY went through the user manual and discovered that the options in the manual do not exist on my website.

Anyone have any suggestions?!?!

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:14 pm Reply with quote

Rocket, w/o knowing more, I would recommend dropping the tables and reinstalling all the files and tables, i.e. a fresh install.

Rocket

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:49 pm Reply with quote

Raven,

I reinstalled... twice... the entire list is there now. OOOFF DAHHH....

That's OK, If life was easy, we wouldn't learn anything!

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic