Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Chit Chat
sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:06 am Reply with quote

I wasn't going to but I have one last PHPNuke site out there that I'd planned to convert to something else. But since I find myself once again doing so much with PHPNuke here I thought it best to keep one site to test on if nothing else.

This site was 6.0 with Tom's Forum Port updated to the NC release. Thanks to Chatserv's NukeSql the update went from 6.0 to 7.4 without a hiccup. Thank you Chat for keeping Nukesql the awesome rescue application that it is.

Also its worth noting that while this site was on 6.0 it was never defaced ever using home brewed patches and some of CS's. But I was not sleeping well fretting that I might have missed one someplace so change or upgrade became imperative. So now I can sleep easier knowing the site is as up to date as possible and I'm glad to add running NukeSentinel for the first time on a production site instead of closed test sites!

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:33 am Reply with quote

Expect my action comic to hit the stands very soon, the Nuke justice team comprised of yours truly, the birdman, the sixter and the typo man himself Super BM (sorry, just had to use that one lol i somehow sense i should move and maybe even legally change my name or join a witness protection plan soon) will be fighting the evil copy & paste "my dad's pc roxx" pre-teen clan Razz

I'm glad the BBsql scriptlet is still useful, that is the main reason it's still part of NukeSQL.php, i know many still run Nuke 6.0. Thought i'd give a shoutout to mikem who contributed a lot to that scriptet when it first came out.

Last edited by chatserv on Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total 
Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:33 am Reply with quote

Yup Chatserv gets my vote too, bless him. And Ganga. Infact everyone on here who helps are wonderful!

I'm gonna install nuke on one of my other domains and use as a test/learning site. It won't matter if I mess it up, because I want to learn more about how it works so I'm not such a pain on you guys. lol

GeekyGuy
Client

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Muffin,

Have you heard of Apache2Triad? You can get it here.

This great program package (which is free for personal use) installs Apache webserver, MySQL, PHP, etc.

This will allow you to install and run a website locally (only on your computer) so you can test it, break it, fix it, mod it, upgrade it to your hearts content.

I have it installed running a complete backup of 3GeekyGuys.com, a clean install of Raven's 7.3, PHP-Nuke 7.2, PHP-Nuke 7.3, and PHP-Nuke 7.4(patched). I can play around all I want, and learn as I go.

Oh, and yes, I'll help you if you need it, as I am sure others will.

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:45 pm Reply with quote

Hero? Rolling Eyes Laughing

I promise I will not wax on about this, but I do have to say a few words.

When I first started getting involved with nuke at that other site HitsFan , way back in January 2003 I believe, maybe a little later, I started working alongside of and with Chat. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Some 16 or 18 months later our friendship has grown. There have been some trying times along the way but we weathered the storms. I don't think of Chat as a hero, nor does he me, but I know him as a true friend. I trust him entirely. Well, with everything except my sheep Wink

Muffin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:56 am Reply with quote

Raven do you have sheep or are you kidding? lol

I ask because until very recently when we moved house, I had sheep too. But mine were all pets brought up on a bottle as orphans.

I miss them terribly.

Well you guys are Hero's to us who are not so clever

Geekyguy, no I hadn't heard of Apache2Triad, does it take up much disc space, cos I've only got a 20gig main drive and a 60gig second drive (for storage).

But I'll definately download it and have a play. With my skills it's safer to mess up on my computer than on someone's server rofl

chatserv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:51 am Reply with quote

/me smax Raven

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:39 am Reply with quote

Muffin,

I have Apache2Triad istalled, and have 4 mysql databases and 4 websites installed, and it is less than 250 MB.

Have fun.

Muffin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:37 am Reply with quote

Oh thanx Geekyguy.

I've downloaded it and going to play with it tomorrow oohhh errrr! lol

sharlein
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:08 am Reply with quote

Chatserve for President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Raven & Chat

thats why i still using php nuke Cool

edit: forgot to say Bob err but not sure after see his pic Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Chit Chat

View next topic
View previous topic