Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
mamba

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:42 pm Reply with quote

Hi im new to the forum and new to sentinal and by far a amature at php.
problem is i have nuke 7.5 installed. and sentinal version 2.02

everytime i go to add a new admin in the admin section i get Action not permitted. a blank page with just that on it.
did i do something wrong?
also it does it on some of the other modules too. maybe im just missing something. i'll keep checking back and see if anyone has the same problems. also if i cant fix this is there any way to add a admin through phpmyadmin i could do that too. since i cant add them through the admin section other than that the sentinal is keeping all the blocked ips out . which is nice Smile

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:15 pm Reply with quote

I have seen that same line on a friend's site, thing is he doesn't have Sentinel installed, i for one haven't been able to track down where it comes from, maybe he has/had admin secure or protector installed.

mamba

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:50 pm Reply with quote

well i do have protector installed ... how would i go about uninstalling that. or disabling it ... i know this isnt the place to ask that but incase you might know.. ill try anything. i still had this problem before this though hmmm.

mamba

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:29 pm Reply with quote

sorry again for posting. but what im going to do is redo the whole site. im going to reinstall sentinal and see if the problem comes back. ill post back if it does or doesnt but atleast this time i wont have the protector on.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:23 pm Reply with quote

You could also just comment out the mainfile.php include code for NukeSentinel Wink

mamba

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:29 pm Reply with quote

well i uninstalled phpnuke totally. it was nuke itself having the problem not the sentinal. so im going to reinstall the sentinal soon and ill post back.

mamba

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:56 pm Reply with quote

Good News. thanks to all that helped even though all you had to tell me was my php nuke was messed up which. yes it was aparently because i just installed a fresh copy of nuke and the sentinal and both work great. i had to redo all the banned ip's i had before but its even better because i found out how to forward them to another website. thank you chat serv and raven your scripts are great and i bow. another question how do i use pc killer. i mean is it another type of plugin or is it already there

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:01 pm Reply with quote

Grab the templates from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] . Note that you must be registered to d/l them from his site. Then follow the installation instructions Smile

mamba

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:27 pm Reply with quote

thanks again Smile

trehb101

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:30 pm Reply with quote

Hi All,

Has this been figured out yet?

I recently upgraded to from 7.0 to 7.5 following the instructions by Chatserv in Nukeresources.com. I didn't run into any issues after that until it was time for me to add somebody to become Administrator. I fill in all the required fields and assigned the modules that they will have access to.

I click Submit and all I get is a blank page stating "Action Not Permitted" with the browser address box pointing to just http:\\myurl\admin.php.

Would greatly appreciate the help.

trehb101

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:33 pm Reply with quote

BTW. I have Protector installed and according to the developer of Protector it is not from his app since he doesn't use the phrase "Action Not Permitted".

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:55 pm Reply with quote

trehb101 wrote:
BTW. I have Protector installed and according to the developer of Protector it is not from his app since he doesn't use the phrase "Action Not Permitted".
That doesn't necessarily mean it's not protector. protector could be causing the problem and nuke is reacting. On another note, why did you post this in the NukeSentinel forum (you don't mention that you have NukeSentinel)? If you have NukeSentinel installed, then just comment it out in mainfile.php and see if you still have the problem. We continually advise against using NukeSentinel with protector or any other package. It has been proven that they can interfere with each other.

trehb101

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Sorry Raven... I saw Chatserv mentioning Protector, so I just wanted to reiterate that I did I have it installed.

Anyway, I finally figured out the source of the annoying "Action Not Permitted", but I have another issue, I'll try to search in the Forums some more before I start a thread on it.

The phrase came from Sergids' Crossword Module. It is in the admin/case/case.crossword.php. It seems that it doesn't work well with PHPNuke 7.5 at the moment, it is causing a lot of issues including not being able to put in news as it gives a "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers" error, etc...

I uninstalled the Crossword Module and the "Action not Permitted" error disappeared, but I still end up with a blank page when I try to add an author... One step closer I guess Confused...

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:03 pm Reply with quote

Check your server error_log and see if it's throwing an error.

trehb101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:51 am Reply with quote

I am working with a virtual host and the logs that I get don't show much unfortunately.

I uninstalled Protector and installed Sentinel, with same results.

I get a white blank page when I try to add an admin or author. No errors. The Browser Address Bar shows [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Anyway, this maybe off topic for this thread already should I start a new thread?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:18 am Reply with quote

Compare you author's table with the default author's table (sql) for 7.5 and see if the number of columns match. I'm thinking you might have altered the table and there's an extra column in the table that needs to be dropped.

trehb101

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:38 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Compare you author's table with the default author's table (sql) for 7.5 and see if the number of columns match. I'm thinking you might have altered the table and there's an extra column in the table that needs to be dropped.

Hi Raven,

This is EXACTLY the problem. I finally decided to mess with MySQL last night (I don't like doing it since I am a newbie at it and afraid I will break stuff Sad)... There I found that the 7.5 upgrade (or somewhere between the upgrade from 7.0 to 7.5) removed many of the columns that is in the author's table that I am using...

I did a test by just setting my authors.php to have the same number of columns as the one currently existing in the DB and VOILA!!! It worked...

I did get a mysql fetch() error when I tried to modify the author, but this is because it is looking for the field that got dropped...

So I am getting there... Thanks.

T

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:41 pm Reply with quote

RavensScripts

Blind-Summit
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quote

trehb101 wrote:
Sorry Raven... I saw Chatserv mentioning Protector, so I just wanted to reiterate that I did I have it installed.

Anyway, I finally figured out the source of the annoying "Action Not Permitted", but I have another issue, I'll try to search in the Forums some more before I start a thread on it.

The phrase came from Sergids' Crossword Module. It is in the admin/case/case.crossword.php. It seems that it doesn't work well with PHPNuke 7.5 at the moment, it is causing a lot of issues including not being able to put in news as it gives a "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers" error, etc...

I uninstalled the Crossword Module and the "Action not Permitted" error disappeared, but I still end up with a blank page when I try to add an author... One step closer I guess Confused...

I had the same issue appearing with the topMusic module. The funny thing was - I went to edit the crossword case file - and now I don't see it with the topMusic admin (but I never altered any admin files for topMusic!!)

Anyway, just remove the default command from the case file and you are left with this:

Code:
<?php

/************************************************************************/
/* PHP-NUKE: Web Portal System                                          */
/* ===========================                                          */
/*                                                                      */
/* Copyright (c) 2002 by Francisco Burzi                                */
/* http://phpnuke.org                                                   */
/*                                                                      */
/* This program is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify */
/* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by */
/* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License.       */
/************************************************************************/

if (!eregi("admin.php", $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])) { die ("Access Denied"); }

switch($op) {
    case "crossword":
   case "crossList":
   case "crossEdit":
   case "crossDel":
   case "crossAdd":
   case "hallDel":
       include("admin/modules/crossword/index.php");
    break;
}

?>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic