Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
JRSweets
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:43 pm Reply with quote

When using Window XP SP2 and clicking the Backup DB option from the the admin panel of phpnuke the file you are asked to save for download is called admin.php, it doesn't try to save it as an .sql anymore.

This seems to be the same issue the attachment mod was having, in which everything was downloaded as modules.php

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Hmmmm. I'm using SP2 and I haven't had any problems.

JRSweets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:41 pm Reply with quote

I can back up fine using phpmyadmin, just when using the Nuke Admin section. It works fine on a computer without SP2.

Raven did you hear about the problems with the attachment mod? I think Chatserv helped fix it. I saw other people had posted on portedmods about this issue with the Admin backup db function. No one seemed to know how to fix it.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:36 pm Reply with quote

I just tested mine and it did save it under a wrong extension but it still worked. So, I guess it does work but not quite the same Rolling Eyes

JRSweets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:37 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, you can just rename it and open in a text editor and the file is there. I just doesn't save as a .sql file anymore. Very strange. Confused

Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Microsoft have put out a warning for people not to download SP2 as it's messing up thousands of computers evidently.

They have a download for anyone who has automatic windows update to stop it downloading SP2 until mid December when they hope to have the bugs sorted out in it.

Loads of programs it messes up including Microsoft Office rofl
Had lots of people telling me they can't use a lot of their programs since downloading it.

Wish they'd sort their software out before they release it on the public

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:44 pm Reply with quote

Muffin wrote:
Microsoft have put out a warning for people not to download SP2 as it's messing up thousands of computers evidently.

They have a download for anyone who has automatic windows update to stop it downloading SP2 until mid December when they hope to have the bugs sorted out in it.

Loads of programs it messes up including Microsoft Office rofl
Had lots of people telling me they can't use a lot of their programs since downloading it.

Wish they'd sort their software out before they release it on the public
Where is this warning?

Muffin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:48 pm Reply with quote

On Microsoft's site, the Windows update page I think Raven, I'll see if I can find the link again.

It's caused havoc over here with lots of companies.

Muffin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Sorry I took so long, d*** slow 28k connection here lol

Anyway heres the link to the article on my forum where my co-Admin posted (he builds computer systems for the film industry which have to be the latest machines with spot on hardware and software installed) and the link to download the microsoft file to stop automatic update downloading SP2 is in that thread along with some useful information
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

and here's some more links about it from other sites

And also sometimes you need to update your computer bios, as stated here:
Quote:

Depending on the chipset, motherboard manufacturer, BIOS version, and CPU, installing Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 can result in an unbootable computer system. The problem is generally associated with Intel "Prescott" CPUs and its chipsets, but not every such combination will cause a problem. As of this writing, motherboards exhibiting the behavior include:

* Albatron PX865 PE Pro
* Shuttle SB61G2
* Jetway i875P
* Soyo P4I865P
* Aopen AX4SG Max
* Asus P4P800-E deluxe
* Abit IS7-V
* Foxconn 865A01-G-6EKRS

Technically speaking, the problem revolves around the machine's BIOS not installing a production level microcode update. To check whether the BIOS is at the correct level, download the Intel Processor Frequency ID utility. The microcode version is identified by this utility as CPU Revision, which should equal at least 8.

If the Intel utility shows that you have the wrong microcode version, the primary solution to the problem is to update the system BIOS for your motherboard before you install SP2

People who know what they're doing with their computers may be able to cope with it, but for a lot of people that just switch their computer on and dont have any idea how it works, and for some companies who employ so caled IT Managers who dont have a clue, are going to have real problems.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:26 pm Reply with quote

That's all old news. I am aware of the prerequisites, but nowhere do I see MS putting out a warning to not download. Maybe it's in the interpretation of your post. When I read your post it appears to be saying that MS has stopped the downloading, etc. When in reality it's what it always is - beware of anll MS updates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic