Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
SmackDaddy
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:18 pm Reply with quote

As the subject says, although I am looking for a free one (first), then if I have to, I'd pay to get one. I see classifieds modules, but haven't really come across any FREE auction modules.

And barring that, does anyone know any FREE standalone php auction scripts?

Much obliged. Thank you in advance for your time/reply.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:40 pm Reply with quote

Have you checked at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ?

SmackDaddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:05 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Have you checked at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ?

Nosir....thank you, I will do that now. Thank you for the link!

Shocked **kid in a candy store look** Wink

(Note: initial question still remains for others -- any free phpnuke modules for auctions?)

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Here's another one, but still not Nuke [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quote

Thats really just for image hosting. I do think there is one here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
But its $50.00 (which isn't bad if it does what ya need)

Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:16 am Reply with quote

Have you tried this yet Six?

And if so, is it easy to change the currency from $ to £ ?

It looks ideal for what I'm looking for on my site.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:27 am Reply with quote

No but I see they have lowered the price on it I have been considering it half seriously.

Muffin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:44 am Reply with quote

Me too since seeing it.

I need something that looks more like Ebay as my members are a picky lot and if it doesnt look professional they won't use it Rolling Eyes

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:58 am Reply with quote

Yeh I was considering one for things that would otherwise go on ebay but perhaps run on a site for say a month then if no sale move em to Ebay. Try to cut out some of those horrid fee's especially the Ebay Motors fee's though I'm soon out of autos for sale right now anyway lol!

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:07 am Reply with quote

Classifeds would maybe be another option but its silly because the ideal situation would be to have listings able to be set for subscribed members only (some code hacking for sure) then free access to the actual listings.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:06 am Reply with quote

There is a standalone GPL version of phpAuction. I've used the XL version and found it to be very powerful (with most of the same features as eBay) and well-supported by the vendor.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:13 am Reply with quote

Yeh for some reason nothing from PHPNUkeServices is ever really fully integrated. Which is a vote for a standalone option or classifieds ect...

They've piloted some great ideas but always fall short of a complete solution IMO.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:28 am Reply with quote

Taking a look at a german off shoot of phpauction called webauction and a couple others that will keep me distracted for a week or so lol.

HauntedWebby
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:53 pm Reply with quote

sixonetonoffun wrote:
Thats really just for image hosting. I do think there is one here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
But its $50.00 (which isn't bad if it does what ya need)

If this works like their OSCommerce, then it probably wouldn't be wise to purchase.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:37 pm Reply with quote

I installed nuke 7.4 on my other site and downloaded CCart for Nuke to run on it, solely as a shop, and it's brilliant. It's not an auction program but you might be able to adapt it and it's a lot better than the classified scripts I've come across lately.

HauntedWebby

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:41 pm Reply with quote

Where did you find that script? Smile

Muffin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:57 pm Reply with quote

I think I got it doing a search for shopping carts on Sourceforge, I spent hours one day just trawling thru all the gpl script sites.

Here's the links to mine, it's up and running but not stocked out yet lol but gives you a rough idea what it looks like.

mCm Cart

It's supposed to be integrated into a nuke site, but I didnt want it on the same hosting as my main site or integrated into that site, so I installed nuke on my other domain and put it in that nuke installation as a kind of standalone cart. I want to find a good nuke classifieds to add to that domain as well, so all the e-commerce stuff is on one domain and the news site and other stuff is on the other, but they're both linked together.

I'm really impressed with CCart. Easy to install (has to be for me) and looks ok.

Muffin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:58 pm Reply with quote

Found a link in the cart download folder

you can get it here I think
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

And it's FREE lol

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:06 pm Reply with quote

Sounds great its an excellent script from all reviews I've seen.

Muffin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:05 am Reply with quote

Yes Six I think it's pretty good.

Easy to install for newbies and easy to configure.

And they update it regularly, not sure what the support is like,because it installs and runs so smoothly I've not had to ask for any.

I'm very pleased with it, I hope the writer gets plenty of donations to support the work in progress because he well deserves it.

Now back to the classifieds search lol

Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:07 am Reply with quote

Hmm, I am dragging up and old post here, but while looking for reccomendations on some scripts I found this post and ran over to Mini's to peek around. I should learn not to do this, as I ended up wondering "how'd they get the 'welcome our newest member scroll in their forum?'
Will you share that info Muffn?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:45 pm Reply with quote

Yes, the Calloways Cart is pretty good. I used the Pro version for nearly a year without any problems and a couple of minor glitches that did arise were very quickly sorted by the developer.

rebelwnc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quote

i am interested in nuke auction module aswell for raven nuke site i have for a guildwars guild would like auction module for in game items and so on i have read this thread if anyone has a link or module i could use please post it or link to somthing i could use i found one but its not in english. also will be using it on different site for business.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote

I forget what I ended up using, but think it was a stand alone php script. I abandoned it when I figured out that paypal could terminate your account for using it to accpet payments for any type of auction or raffle (except of course, ebay)

rebelwnc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quote

so if i had a paypal buisness account and i had a website with a donation button for a raffle for say like a custom built pc for a charity event paypal would terminate my account if so that blows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic