Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.4
takaharu
Client

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:28 am Reply with quote

The first strange thing that happens is that i can modify existing blocks but i can't add new ones. They appear in the list but when i try to add them to the site they just don't show up

The second even stranger thing is when people use the url :
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

the site will run fine

When instead they use [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I get a 404 error

Any ideas what can be the problem ?

Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:24 am Reply with quote

For the WWW problem you will need to contact your webhost provider, for the blocks problem it seems your db tables do not match the code in the files, since you mention patched upgrade i will clear something up for those who have made the error, not saying you have but here goes anyway, Nuke Patched are files that have been modified to help secure PHP-Nuke and to correct some bugs but they cannot be used to upgrade your current Nuke version as they do not include all Nuke files or upgrade scripts, when upgrading if the use of PHP-Nuke Patched is desired the steps for the upgrade are:

Download the desired copy of PHP-Nuke from phpnuke.org and unzip it to your PC.

Download the matching PHP-Nuke Patched for your version of Nuke and unzip it to your pc, once unzipped cut or copy all files and folders and paste them into Nuke's html folder.

Edit the new config.php file and upload all files to the server so that they replace your current files, do make a backup of your current files and database tables so that in the event that anything goes wrong you can go back to what you had.

Upload the required upgrade files (the ones required will vary depending on the current version of Nuke you have) to Nuke's root folder which is the one that has mainfile.php and config.php.

Run the required upgrade scripts in numerical order and delete them from the server once done. That's about it.

takaharu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:35 am Reply with quote

Hi chatserv,

Concerning the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] i am hosted at Ravens with 4 sites. All my sites run just fine just one of them is having this problem.

As for the upgrade i installed as you explained but because i am using nsn groups and group downloads this may cause the problem with the patches.

I have no clue where to search to find a solution to these two problems. I have been working on it for 2 days now but no success. All help would be appreciated.

takaharu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:53 am Reply with quote

Hi Chatserv,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction onthe blocks problem. Indeed there was an extra field in the blocks database. After deleting everything seems to work fine

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:00 pm Reply with quote

takaharu wrote:
Concerning the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] i am hosted at Ravens with 4 sites. All my sites run just fine just one of them is having this problem.
<sigh> The host is always the last one to know Laughing I have checked your dns entries and they all appear to be okay. Let me dig a little deeper for you. Did this problem just start or has it always been the case?

takaharu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:03 pm Reply with quote

Just started Raven, as i said a couple of days ago after upgrading the site to 7.4.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:07 pm Reply with quote

In Sentinel Administration, do you have
Force Nuke URL: Yes

takaharu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:27 pm Reply with quote

yes i do. Should i turn it to no ?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Try it Smile

takaharu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:30 pm Reply with quote

Just did it and guess what ?

RavensScripts

Thanks Raven.

chatserv

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:34 pm Reply with quote

He may be half senile but he has his lucid moments Laughing

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:35 pm Reply with quote

That's really strange because I can use the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Well, in any event it works and we'll look into the NukeSentinel code.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:38 pm Reply with quote

chatserv wrote:
Hey! I resemble that remark Smack

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:02 pm Reply with quote

senile, who me? I'll try to find the problem/solution this weekend. If my guess is right it has to do with the /phpBB2/ portion of the url and the Force Nukeurl. Will do some testing locally and see.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:07 pm Reply with quote

Hey! Don't steal my thunder! That insult was meant for me boxing

BobMarion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:50 pm Reply with quote

Cheers Not thunder again! Must be time to shut everything down before the lightining strikes.

TheosEleos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:01 am Reply with quote

chatserv wrote:

Only half?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.4

View next topic
View previous topic