Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:04 pm Reply with quote

Hi

I don't know what happened, but suddenly here (and on nukeresources) when I search forums and get results, the links give me 404 errors.

I thought at first it was either my browser or something so I tested here and at Nukeresources with a IE, Mozilla and FireFox and get the same thing. This isn't the case on my site or others I have tested.

Ideas?

One last thing. For some reason, your banner doesn't work in Mozilla browsers. Thought you should know.

UPDATE: This seems to only happen with multiple words or when searching for exact matches.

Do an exact search by "remove profile" and then click on any link in the results for an example.

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:25 pm Reply with quote

I tried forum search on banners and the first few links seemed fine. Can you give an example?

The banner for the default theme here is flash so if you don't have the Mozilla plug in installed it could flake out?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:28 pm Reply with quote

See update section in original post.

The result I get (when clicking on the first link which reveals THIS post) is:
Quote:
Page Not Found

Referred From : [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Your IP : (DELETE)
The Page Requested: /viewtopic.php&t=2852&highlight=remove+profile
Agent : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040803 Firefox/0.9.3
Redirect Status : 404

UPDATE:
What's interesting is that if I do a regular search with single words, I get .html page results, whereas if I use multiple word exact searches I get viewtopic.php results.

Is this a GoogleTap issue?

Last edited by 64bitguy on Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:36 pm; edited 4 times in total 
sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:34 pm Reply with quote

Yeh looks like a mod rewrite issue from here. Urls are coming out like
/viewtopic.php&t=2852&highlight=remove+profile

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:58 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me know Smack I'll try to see what's broken.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:05 pm Reply with quote

It's all Google Tap. Search for 'remove footer'. That works. Seems to be a little more than just multiple words. I'll continue looking.

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:07 pm Reply with quote

I'm using NextGen at Resources so i would have to disable it and try a search to see what happens but still getting viewtopic.php makes me wonder if this really is caused by GT and not by a section of code in any forum file that may not have the correct url in it, i'll check later.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:18 pm Reply with quote

If it's any consolation, searching for 'remove profile' on every GT'd nuke site I've tried returns the same error Mad

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:38 pm Reply with quote

I knew there was at least one reason besides conserving resources I haven't used it this time around.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:12 pm Reply with quote

ROTFL

64bitguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:30 pm Reply with quote

I'm not using any kind of mod_rewrite solution, so I went ahead and created a test.

First, I created a message called "Disable Profile".
Next, I did an exact search by "diable profile"
The results yeilded the new message.
If I click on the "Forum" column part of the result, I'm taken to the forum where the message tiltle is and can click on the message.
If I click on the "Topics" result, I get a 404 error with:

Quote:
Not Found
The requested URL /viewtopic.php&t=50&highlight=disable+profile was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.31 Server at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Port 80

So.. While I'm on the subject, I know there is a forum solution for using "Your_Account" exclusively and eliminating phpbb's "Profile" functions. I've read it about 20 times, but wanted to confirm some information. If anyone knows where this post is, can you give me the link?

Last edited by 64bitguy on Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:32 pm Reply with quote

Try it w/o the word profile. Use any other word. It's somehow keyed to 'profile'.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Okay Chat, here's what I've found. This could just be a freak coincidence, but it appears to be tied to the word 'profile'. That's the only time I can make this anomaly appear. Then, it gets [mis]assigned in Forums/search.php around line 885 in v6.9
Code:
                        $topic_url = append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_TOPIC_URL . '=' . $searchset[$i]['topic_id'] . "&highlight=$highlight_active");

Tag, you're it Bang Head

64bitguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:56 pm Reply with quote

In my 7.4 patched in the search.php, I found this:
Code:
         $topic_url = append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_TOPIC_URL . '=' . $searchset[$i]['topic_id'] . "&highlight=$highlight_active");

I changed that to:
Code:
         $topic_url = append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_TOPIC_URL . '=' . $searchset[$i]['topic_id']);

I get the proper results but without the "highlight" function, though the topic link then works without problems.

Is this the fix? Ideas?

UPDATE:.. Man, GMTA Raven.
Also, not sure if anyone picked this up above but, I know there is a forum post for using "Your_Account" exclusively and eliminating phpbb's "Profile" functions. I've read it about 20 times, but wanted to confirm some information. If anyone knows where this post is, can you give me the link?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:37 pm Reply with quote

More to chew on. When searching for 'remove profile', the url is formed like this and of course is wrong
Code:
http://ravenphpscripts.com/viewtopic.php&t=2852&highlight=remove+profile
It should be
Code:
http://ravenphpscripts.com/posts2852-highlightremove+profile.html
or
Code:
http://ravenphpscripts.com/posts2852-highlightremove.html+profile

No matter what I do, the word profile keeps cropping up but I still can't see why that seems to be a factor Evil or Very Mad It still seems as if it is somehow related to GT but 64bit says it happens on his site and his site is not GT'd. So, the search continues.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:50 pm Reply with quote

I'm just curious, what function does the "highlight" feature serve.

From my experience, it doesn't do anything.

Am I missing something?

Also, I would think that if it were a problematic word, it would appear in the language/search_stopwords.txt file, but it doesn't.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:20 pm Reply with quote

Highlight can be nice to show you how bad the keywords you searched on are Very Happy

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:22 pm Reply with quote

I swear 'profile' is the key. I may end up totally wrong, but I cannot produce the error with any other word(s). Can anyone else?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:00 pm Reply with quote

Okay. I have taken GT completely out of my code and the problem is that when the word 'profile' is in the search criteria, some yet unknown space anomaly occurs and
Code:
modules.php ?name=Forums&file=
is not prefixed to the link that is produced. So, instead of looking like this
Code:
http://127.0.0.1/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1006&highlight=remove+profile
it looks like this
Code:
http://127.0.0.1/viewtopic&t=1006&highlight=remove+profile

Now, please tell me why!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

(I had to place a space after modules.php because GT kept grabbing it and translating it)

64bitguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:18 pm Reply with quote

Well, don't feel bad... Profiles (plural) and profiler will do it too.

Did you try the fix I did to fix my site?

Last edited by 64bitguy on Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:26 pm Reply with quote

That's a work-around Wink - I want to know why having the word profile(*) in any part of the search causes this.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:33 pm Reply with quote

What is really strange is 'profile'* by itself is not a problem. Anything in front if it (with it) is. I can even go "profile delete" and that will work!

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:38 pm Reply with quote

I know. I have stepped each letter like

remove p
remove pr
remove pro
remove prof
remove profi
remove profil

and no problem. But make it
remove profile and WHAM! HitsFan

64bitguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:42 pm Reply with quote

Also really weird is how the page link ends in profile (like the way a viewprofile page would end, and not in .html or =results the way a non-google tapped site would show it (with my fix)...

UPDATE: Wait.. I think you were saying something like this above... nevermind.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:27 am Reply with quote

64bitguy wrote:
One last thing. For some reason, your banner doesn't work in Mozilla browsers. Thought you should know.
It's flash. Why would that be MY problem Rolling Eyes ROTFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic