Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BUGS/FIXES - Raven's v7.3 Customized Distro
HauntedWebby
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:43 pm Reply with quote

Seems like everything is almost working, but not quite all the way on my site Rolling Eyes

I uploaded the Journal rewrite that's in RavenNuke7.3 Addon. And now I receive the error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/someplace/public_html/modules/Journal/comment.php on line 95

I can't find the thread where the module was talked about, so I don't know if this error has already been discussed.

Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote

Strange you mean I made a mistake?

Can you send me the file mine only has 87 lines in it?
webmaster \+/ netflake.com

HauntedWebby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:16 pm Reply with quote

Ok should I PM the code line or what's an email to send the whole file? Smile It's in Raven's 7.3 ADD ON download. I downloaded it today.

HauntedWebby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:21 am Reply with quote

Any luck?

This weekend I redid the whole site fresh ... no extra mods .. Just the 7.3 disto and still had the same problem.

So I added all my mods back Smile

being able to commend on someone's journal isn't really important ... they can post their own entries and that is Smile

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:58 am Reply with quote

Did you try the file I sent you? I can't seem to recreate the problem comments work ok on my 7.4 site.

You can pm a link the site I'll take a closer look this evening.

HauntedWebby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:48 pm Reply with quote

Hmm .. I didn't receive a file.

If it's not too much trouble ... wanna send again when you have a moment Smile

Pretty please Very Happy

HauntedWebby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:37 pm Reply with quote

IT WORKED.

So let me get this straight. Blank lines through out an error. So you shouldn't have any lines after the php closing bracket unless it's valid code?!? Question Question

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Pretty much thats it. But it gets confusing especially when its a mix of html and php like oscommerce for instance.

SmackDaddy
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:04 am Reply with quote

I figured out the problem.....even though this is an older topic, the issue lies within the comment.php file provided by Chatserv's 2.6 update.

I had the same problem as HauntedWebby after a recent update and actually deciding to activate the Journal.....everything worked but the comments, I'd get the exact same error as above.

What I found is this:

1. In the comments.php in the Netflake.com download, all extra lines WITHIN the code were removed. Instead of having blank lines like the comments.php file in the upgrade had, thus that gives a file more lines hence why ours were 95 and six's was 87.

2. The following code is in Chat's 2.6 upgrade distro, but not in the Netflake.com distro of Journal:

Code:
$onwhat = intval($onwhat);

This was located right above the "startjournal" line (which would be around line 61/62).....I commented this out, as that line is found below the "startjournal" line....

3. There is a closing bracket missing in the 2.6 distro, the one supposed to be on line 75

Just thought I would let you know........hope this helps.......

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:15 pm Reply with quote

Smack,
I implemented the changes you suggested and yes, my parse error is now gone (yes, I had the same problem). However, I post comments and nuke says my comment was saved, but I cannot find the comment anywhere! I have even verified that they were not saved to the database. Could there be more issues with the 2.6 patches? Have you or *Six* found any? I searched here and could not find much on the Journal tool.

TIA,
montego

montego

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:19 pm Reply with quote

Sorry! My bad. I placed the closing bracket one line too far! Sorry about the erroneous post.

montego

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BUGS/FIXES - Raven's v7.3 Customized Distro

View next topic
View previous topic