Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
GeekyGuy
Client

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:24 pm Reply with quote

Thanks go to Darrell3831 for pointing out that I had forgot to include the include statement in the User Guide.

I've submitted the CORRECTED User Guide to Raven's site, and to Bob to get it added to the latest version of NukeSentinel.

Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:18 am Reply with quote

And thanks to SmackDaddy for pointing out that you forgot to set your permissions properly on your directory to allow people to download the corrected user guide! Wink Mr. Green

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Thanks SmackDaddy. I had a minor problem which I've since corrected. Embarassed

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:25 pm Reply with quote

You weren't the only one who over looked the include statement all of us "great" proof readers missed it too!

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:26 pm Reply with quote

I think I need to scandisk and defrag my brain.

Laughing

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:52 pm Reply with quote

And actually, it really wasn't a problem. My site was doing exactly what it was supposed to do. I forgot I had changed my .htaccess to not allow downloading unless the person was on my site, like Raven suggested in this thread: http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postt2534.html. So I just changed it back.

SmackDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:06 am Reply with quote

GeekyGuy wrote:
And actually, it really wasn't a problem. My site was doing exactly what it was supposed to do. I forgot I had changed my .htaccess to not allow downloading unless the person was on my site, like Raven suggested in this thread: http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postt2534.html. So I just changed it back.

Granted, but if the link comes from Ravenphpscript's download's section, it isn't coming from your site is it?

EDIT: Oh, are you saying you took the code out you added from that link?

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:30 am Reply with quote

Yes, I removed the code that prohibited downloading unless the person was on my site.

SmackDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:48 am Reply with quote

Gotcha....thanks. These third shifts really scramble my brain. Thankfully for the sake of my marriage (and sanity) I am looking for a new job -- a daytime job..... Mr. Green

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:58 am Reply with quote

I spent the better part of my working life on the night or evening shift. I'm waiting on a Sys Admin position that's supposed to open up after the first of the year.

SmackDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:37 am Reply with quote

I just put my resume out a couple weeks ago. TekSystems saw it within two days and emailed me....already had an interview with them. The Systems Analyst job I currently have I got as a result of being with RHI Consulting. (if you didn't know TekSystems and RHIC are both technology headhunter firms -- if you *did* know that, then I am sure someone reading this didn't know....*grin*).....so we'll see what pans out. I am trying to get out at the base and with my "veteran's preference" I am hoping that will help when the right job comes along.......we'll see, eh? Mr. Green

tag
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:44 am Reply with quote

Just saw this post smackdaddy my cousin in ohio works for teksystems... not sure what but he travels alot. says if i keep up doing this stuff someday ill get paid for it if mom lets me grow up Neutral

SmackDaddy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:02 am Reply with quote

tag wrote:
Just saw this post smackdaddy my cousin in ohio works for teksystems... not sure what but he travels alot. says if i keep up doing this stuff someday ill get paid for it if mom lets me grow up Neutral

If mom lets you grow up huh? Does he mean that because you are are you a momma's boy (i.e. 19 going on 9?) Or it's because you are young and still at home but learning quite a bit online? (i.e. 13 going on 14?)

I am trying to teach my daughter how to build and repair PCs as well as install Windows and troubleshoot issues and she's 11. When her PC needs reformatted, she's getting to do it all by herself (with some prompting from dad of course).....but heck, how many 11 year olds have their own PC and actually are responsible and trusted with it? She's got a 1.8Ghz PC w/512MB DDR, 128MB GeForce FX5600, SB Live w/ 400 Watt 4.1 Klipsch ProMedia speakers, 32x CDRW, 17" monitor, shared cable connection (3000down/384up)......yeah, she's gonna be a step above her peers for sure after I am through with her. My father gave me and my brother a decent head start with a Timex Sinclair 1000 and some rudamentary programming skills.....I just wish I could have run with them out of high school rather than becoming a cop in the Air Force....and then after 10 years of that deciding it WAS computers I wanted to be involved in......*sigh*....but I wanted adventure....and that I got. And I did learn some valuable things in the AF and as a cop....so I have no regrets per se.....

Whooops, sorry for rambling.....been up for 24 hours....and it's time for bed. Actually have to make a couple bill payments, send a couple resumes out, and then head to bed.....but yeah, TekSystems is who contacted me a couple weeks ago, and I hope something pans out with them. I will email my contact today to inquire how things are (thanks for the reminder)......

All I can say now tag is do what you will enjoy in life.......if you don't enjoy what you are doing, then it ain't worth doing, regardless how much you get paid. I'd rather just be able to make my bills and be the happiest man at what I do and spend the most time with my family, than the richest man (monetarily) and despise my job and miss out on my kids' lives and wonder if my wife is actually happy or not........money isn't worth it........

/rant off.......

tag

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote

I meant if she didnt kill me first
and im 15 going on 16 Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic