Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> KISGB General Support
elro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:26 am Reply with quote

Hi, I have successfully installed KISGB and would now like to use the logging function. I have removed the #'s from the logging code lines in index.php as is suggested in the comment lines.
However, after doing that the guestbook only displays 1 line that has to do with logging, but my entire guestbook disappears. Obviously I am doing something wrong but I have no idea what it is.... Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

elro

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:49 am Reply with quote

Elro,

I will get back to you later today. Just got home late last night after a trip. The logging functionality was put in place so long ago that I have to review my own code Laughing!

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:57 am Reply with quote

Due to the changes in the way PHP now handles file locking, you will need to make the following changes for the logging to work. In the file classes.php, find this line
Code:
@flock($log,1);
and change it to
Code:
@flock($log,2);
The logging should now work if you followed the other instructions. Let me know if you are still experiencing any problems.

elro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it does not solve my problem. Starting from a working situation, I remove the "#" preceding the 8 lines of code in index.php. After refreshing the guestbook I see a white page saying "logs/kisgb.log.php" and that´s it. The only resolution I have is to put back the "#" and return to a working guestbook with no logging Sad

I have tried to find the exact source and the problem only occurs when I uncomment the 7th line in the logging code (in index.php): the one that has "writelog" in it. Is there a problem finding the right location for it (I have installed kisgb in a separate guestbook folder, not the root)?

Regards,

Elro

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:31 pm Reply with quote

Why are you refreshing the guestbook? I'm confused about exactly what's happening at that point. Operationally, I uncommented the lines in index and corrected that 1 line of code in classes.php and it started logging. Are the permissions on the log files 777?

elro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:51 pm Reply with quote

By refreshing I simply meant refreshing the page in the browser to see the changes aftes removing the #, so that was not a big point.

The 777-issue was a good point though (I knew it had to be something simple Wink). Looks like the problem is solved!

Thanks!

Elro

sqzdog
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:12 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, newbie question, but what is:

KISGB
Splatt Forums

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:16 pm Reply with quote

KISGB is a very popular and extremely configurable PHP guestbook that I wrote a couple years ago and continue to enhance and support. Read the reviews at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] . I then ported it to Nuke a few months ago. get it from the download's area. Try it out here from the Navigation block.

SPLATT Forums used to be the forums that nuke used but since v6.5, I believe, nuke now uses PHPBB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> KISGB General Support

View next topic
View previous topic