Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
Doodle
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:00 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Yeah yeah I know, I shouldn't get excited over the morons there but I had to defend Sentinel.

Independent Network Solutions [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
TheosEleos
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:39 am Reply with quote

There is no reason to bother with NC. I have been using phpnuke for a year now and I have had little to no luck getting issues resolved there. I quit asking just a month or so into using nuke.

There are plenty of other options for getting help.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:48 am Reply with quote

Yeah I agree. I visited nukecops to support the community, not to get censored. I heard about the mods locking topics but before today had not had the dubious honors. Now today, because I voice an alternate opinion I get 2 posts locked in a few minutes...I'd like to say I'm going to miss nukecops but I'm not. I am however going to delete all references to it on all my sites and forums. I am NOT going to encourage folks to go there. Period.

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:53 am Reply with quote

I have had the forums on my site for almost a year. I have never locked a thread or censored someones post.

It is really a weak way out of a disagreement.

Web sites are free to have whatever rules they want in their forums but to close threads just because someone has a different opinion is just cowardly.

GanjaUK
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:54 am Reply with quote

The site is good for grabbing a quick download or plugging your product on the news, but I avoid the forum because as you just witnessed 1st hand, some of the support staff are a joke.

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:36 pm Reply with quote

Support staff ... ironic name for a group that does anything but, the ones that have followed my posts and work throughtout the time i have been active in Nuke know i often avoid getting involved in childish games like the ones practiced there but at times one can't ignore the stupidity of a few, i won't generalize because there are one or two that for God knows what reason remain part of the so called team that i know do not share the views and tactics of the morons.

It's quite easy to have it your way and your way only by locking or deleting posts that are not of your liking even if said posts are in no way offensive. Jealousy is a bad thing, many wish they had come up with something as good as NukeSentinel. Some will say, sure you think it's great, you are part of the team that coded it, not exactly true, it may include code by me and others but the main authors are Bob & Raven, it's their concept, it's their creation, no one else's, that is what hurts the most to some even while they deny it.

Now as for the one mod enforcing his Hitler-like moderation of the forums, this is one person that has shown no respect for the ones that do code for Nuke, those that come up with solutions and alternatives for whatever problem may arise. His track record on collaborations to the Nuke community? No idea, it must have been sold along with the site as i can't find any traces of it anywhere.

Those still wasting their time with that site: suit yourselves, nothing is coming out of that ex-site now or in the future, unless getting outdated old files is your cup of tea...

GanjaUK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:05 pm Reply with quote

Well said that man. Cool

SmackDaddy
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:09 pm Reply with quote

Very well said Chat....

(Oh, and Ganja, how *do* you get a sig like that? I want one...I want one. Obviously with my own site's stats... Mr. Green )

Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:50 pm Reply with quote

Totally agree!!

GanjaUK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:17 pm Reply with quote

SmackDaddy wrote:
(Oh, and Ganja, how *do* you get a sig like that? I want one...I want one. Obviously with my own site's stats... Mr. Green )

PM me your email add and I'll send you the script. Then you just upload the background image for it and your set.

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:56 pm Reply with quote

I feel sorry for the guy (BrainsmasheR) after all this time he still doesn't have a clue does he?

SmackDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:43 pm Reply with quote

GanjaUK wrote:
SmackDaddy wrote:

PM me your email add and I'll send you the script. Then you just upload the background image for it and your set.

You've got PM.....

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:51 pm Reply with quote

I was informed that the Nuke Sentinel forum has been removed from nukecops. Look at the poll results over there and try to do the math. They are sooooooooooooooooooo pathetic Laughing

TheosEleos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote

It needed to be removed.

I really appreciate the way you run the forums around here. You don't create a forum for every application that comes along. It just serves to confuse the nuke community.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic