Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
Muffin
Client

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:53 am Reply with quote

Thanx Chat, I didnt think what you'd done had caused it, I was blaming Protector for it, knowing how it had messed up everything on there originially.

I'll have a go at what you suggest and see what happens.

Watch this space!

I'm lethal around files and this is scarey stuff editing the mainfile lol

psi
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:06 am Reply with quote

Ok guess i am having a similar problem. The block has been working fine, then today the text is black?Its supposed to be white. Nothing has been changed or added.So I am confused why its doing this.?

r2clan.com
nuke7.4

psi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:50 am Reply with quote

no ideas Sad

Bigboy177
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:50 am Reply with quote

Is it possible to have a background image under the Who-is-where block... ?? And also I've got a simillar problem with big letters... I tried to add a new style to my style.css file... but it doesn't change anything... when I change who-is-where module's index.php to read body2 instead of body...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:37 am Reply with quote

I would also like to use raven who-is-where block to do my own... The block with other stuff that can refresh it self... But I've got a problem... When I want read something from the SQL table... I don't see it... and when I tried using sql instead of mysql I get an error... something about not a member command... Can someone suggest a command that will allow me to read the data from the sql and that will work with the who-is-where block... Smile

Thanks in advance...

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:45 am Reply with quote

Bigboy177 wrote:
I would also like to use raven who-is-where block to do my own... The block with other stuff that can refresh it self... But I've got a problem... When I want read something from the SQL table... I don't see it... and when I tried using sql instead of mysql I get an error... something about not a member command... Can someone suggest a command that will allow me to read the data from the sql and that will work with the who-is-where block... Smile

Thanks in advance...
This is all PHP. MySQL works just fine or I wouldn't be able to show whi is where Smile. Just look at how I do the sql and you should be able to go from there.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:47 am Reply with quote

Bigboy177 wrote:
Is it possible to have a background image under the Who-is-where block... ?? And also I've got a simillar problem with big letters... I tried to add a new style to my style.css file... but it doesn't change anything... when I change who-is-where module's index.php to read body2 instead of body...
Of course. In the who is where module just use a background style attribute instead of the transparency.

Bigboy177

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:31 am Reply with quote

I can't seem to do it... Everytime I try to read something from the SQL I get empty spaces instead of Titles...

Code:

$result = mysql_query("SELECT title, tid FROM ".$prefix."_encyclopedia_text order by title ASC;");

while ($row=mysql_fetch_row($result)) {
$tipsy = $row['title'];
$ident = $row['tid'];

echo "<b><font color=black>$tipsy</font></b><br>";

Is this correct or should I change it to something else... ??

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:46 am Reply with quote

Open up phpMyAdmin and run the query and see what it returns. Obviously replace $prefix with whatever your prefix is.

SELECT title, tid FROM ".$prefix."_encyclopedia_text order by title ASC

psi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quote

psi wrote:
Ok guess i am having a similar problem. The block has been working fine, then today the text is black?Its supposed to be white. Nothing has been changed or added.So I am confused why its doing this.?

r2clan.com
nuke7.4

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Have you changed your theme? There is nothing in the code to give its attributes but your theme.

Bigboy177

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:33 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Open up phpMyAdmin and run the query and see what it returns. Obviously replace $prefix with whatever your prefix is.

SELECT title, tid FROM ".$prefix."_encyclopedia_text order by title ASC

Ok I've menaged to do it... It works great...

Now I would like to ask one more question... Could you write where should I put the background image for who-is-where block... I think It's this line:
Code:

$bodyTag .= "style type=text/css body {background-color: transparent}  /style";

I tried changing it but it didn't work... Could you write an example for me... ?

Thanks in advance... and sorry for bothering you so much... Smile

Bigboy177

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:26 pm Reply with quote

I've got one more problem... I've menaged to solve every problem I've had... But I don't think I will solve this one... Your module and block Who-Is-Where don't have a language coding... So when one of my users is in a part of my site with polish signs... I get all kinds of wierd signs instead of letters... Could you help... please... ?? Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:07 pm Reply with quote

That module does not use mainfile.php. You could try adding these 3 lines at the beginning of the script.

require_once("mainfile.php");
$module_name = basename(dirname(__FILE__));
get_lang($module_name);

Bigboy177

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:27 pm Reply with quote

It doesn't work like that... I get all kinds of errors about missing files...

for example...
Quote:

Warning: main(mainfile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kowal/domains/games.pl/public_html/modules/galerie/index.php on line 25

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'mainfile.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kowal/domains/games.pl/public_html/modules/galerie/index.php on line 25

Maybe you could tell me which script from mainfile.php is supposed to set the letters coding... because I don't think it'll work this way...

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:32 pm Reply with quote

What does galerie have to do with this?

Bigboy177

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:43 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
What does galerie have to do with this?

It's an error form one of my modules I've made based on who-is-where module... But the error is the same in who-is-where... but instead of galerie there is RWH_WhoIsWhere\index.php... it doesn't matter... it happens in the module galerie, tips and the one from the WHO-IS-WHERE... Everytime somehing is read from SQL that has a polish sign in it... I get signs like:

³,¶,ñ and other like that... will you be able to help...

Bigboy177

Bigboy177

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:11 pm Reply with quote

I guess nobody knows how to do it... There must be a letters' coding somewhere... maybe I will find it somehow...

Thanks for help... Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:24 pm Reply with quote

You can try adding this to the top of your script, but use whatever the Polish definition is in place of 'nl_NL'.

/* Set locale to Dutch */
setlocale(LC_ALL, 'nl_NL');

Bigboy177

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:40 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
You can try adding this to the top of your script, but use whatever the Polish definition is in place of 'nl_NL'.

/* Set locale to Dutch */
setlocale(LC_ALL, 'nl_NL');

I'm affraid it didn't help... Sad

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:27 pm Reply with quote

Find this code in the modules index.php file
Code:
header("Refresh: $refreshRate;");

and right after it, insert this line with the proper Polish character set
Code:
header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1");

psi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:52 pm Reply with quote

Raven you have any clue what i need to do with my problem?

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:58 pm Reply with quote

You never responded to my last reply to you.

psi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:59 pm Reply with quote

ohh sorry thought that was for the other guy Wink No same theme nothing has changed

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:02 pm Reply with quote

Then honestly, I don't know. Because it inherits the theme's attributes. Have you added any addons recently that you could tie to when this stopped working?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic