Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:58 am Reply with quote

Would someone be willing to step up to the plate and write a User manual for Sentinel v2.0.0 based on the soon to be released RC6? This should eb the last RC and we need a professional looking manual and we need it fast. You all know that developers usually make lousy manual writers as we expect you to know what we do Smack

Anyone?

Last edited by Raven on Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total 
GeekyGuy
Client

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:31 pm Reply with quote

I would like to help Raven, but I am not sure of how all the functions work. I do have some technical writing experience. If you could provide a brief overview (or I could glean it from your forums posts) I would be willing to give it a try.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quote

That would be Great! Download the RC6 version and just play with it. I know you've been using it so you are somewhat familiar with it. It doesn't need to be a program (code] level but just from the user viewpoint. If you find that the answer isn't in the forums, then shoot Bob or me a PM. I would start with Bob as he is probably most familiar with the code itself.

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:56 pm Reply with quote

I will do this as soon as I get home, as I am currently at work.

What time frame are you looking at this having to be finished?

I always try to write so my mom could understand, so It's NOT gonna be technical Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:02 pm Reply with quote

ASAP - seriously. I don't thing the time to market will be long on this, but assuming you have a reasonable estimate, we will hold up release.

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:13 pm Reply with quote

I will do my best! But I won't argue if a professional writer comes in and offers either Wink

digibeet
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:35 pm Reply with quote

Hi Hi,

I would like to help but i can´t download RC6 at this moment, or it is very busy for some time at nukescripts or there is a problem at NSN. Bang Head

Page is incomplete and download won´t start Crying or Very sad

I will try again later today or tomorrow.

Greets,

Fred Mr. Green

RavensScripts

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Have you tried it here?

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:51 pm Reply with quote

Don't know why you would be having a problem with the pages at NukeScripts but I will watch the site for abnormal behavior.

Last edited by BobMarion on Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quote

The reason I suggested try it here is that we are both on the same server Wink

BobMarion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:04 pm Reply with quote

Thinking about it I'm willing to bet digibeet is either using a strict firewall or an anonymizer. Either of which are blocked from downloading because they do not supply a referer to my site even when that referer is another page on my site.

digibeet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:30 pm Reply with quote

Hi Raven and Bob,

Noop...

The world knows me by name (www.fred-dresken.nl) so an anonymizer won't help me Wink

And Raven, at both links I can't download because you are on the same server.. Wink

The most possible reason is a personal cyberwar (what is it good for) for some time now my personal IP is under attack Evil or Very Mad and on different times my connection is overloaded and needs a restart.. Mad

GOT IT....YEAH!! Wink

sorry, Bang Head

Fred Mr. Green

RavensScripts

ladysilver
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:18 pm Reply with quote

You already have some great volunteers so I won't add myself to the list , but I will offer my services as standby in case you need an extra pair of hands.

I have & can use well:

MS Word
Word Perfect
Front Page
Dreamweaver
Flash (full version)
Swish (full version)
Photoshop
PhotoImpact
Adobe Acrobat (full version, not reader)
Pagemaker
An e-book compiler/creator, screen capture program, php editor, ect...

Even I forget what-all until I go looking, but the occasional friend who borrows my pc to check email tends to panic on pulling up the program menu. Smile

Anyway, if anyone working on the project needs a bit of help such as visuals or file conversion, let me know.

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:24 pm Reply with quote

I've PM'ed Bob asking for any graphics he could provide.

If you have anything you would like to contribute, feel free to email me.
GeekyGuy at 3geekyguys dot com

I will graciously appreciate the help. Very Happy

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:51 pm Reply with quote

Here's a start...

Feel free to use anything you find useful.

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:30 am Reply with quote

Okay guys, I'm going to throw a monkey wrench into the mix. I finially remembered what I ment to add to RC6 that I didn't Smile I'll be sending Raven, Chat, GeekyGuy, and GanjaUK a copy of this slightly updated copy. I think you will love the extra feature that went in after 5 hours of banging my head on the keyboard tonite Wink

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:53 am Reply with quote

Bob,

It appears there is a change in the Overlib scripts and it causes a javascript error - unterminated string. I replace them with the old and the error is gone. But, I haven't looked into the cause yet.

Edit: It appears that Line 119 in overlib_hideform.js is the culprit. There is no closing ' mark. Not sure if this is from Eric or if you were making some changes and forgot to close Smile
Code:
      MMStr = MMStr.substring(0,ls) + ' { runHook("pla f[1].length;

GeekyGuy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:38 am Reply with quote

kguske,
Thanks a bunch. I really like your description of what it is, and is not. I will use some of your wording in the User Guide.
Thanks again.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:04 am Reply with quote

Thanks, GeekyGuy. I like the idea of having it online - it makes it easier to update, and it can easily be linked to the proper support forums (for that matter, it might be best as a forum sticky / announcement). I used the FAQ format because it lends itself to this type of documentation (and because it was already installed...). I don't intend to publish (i.e. to make publicly available) the FAQ, but just wanted to get it online so anyone wanting to help you could find it. I'll continue to update the FAQ, and I'd be happy to review and/or directly contribute to the official documentation, too. Just tell me what you need...

I like the section on whether or not to use .htaccess, which came from a forum posting on another Nuke website where a Sentinel user did not know where to find the official support forums (I pointed him here).

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:09 am Reply with quote

I haven't altered the .js files at all. I'll look over at overlib and see if there is a update. If not would you care to tell me where to put the ' mark Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:18 am Reply with quote

Somehow both files have changed in the Final distro ?!?

My guess would be from
Code:
MMStr = MMStr.substring(0,ls) + ' { runHook("pla f[1].length;
to this
Code:
MMStr = MMStr.substring(0,ls) + ' { runHook("pla f[1].length';
but if you haven't updated the package then I'm inclined to use the versions that were in the previous RC.

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:20 am Reply with quote

Found a revised hideform js file. Give it a try and see if it corrects the problem: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:26 am Reply with quote

That is the same as the previous one in the RC so I will just leave it.

Tao_Man
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:43 am Reply with quote

I will donate time as an idiot proof reader, I mean I will try to look over it as a newbie (which I pretty much am) and try to point out things that may not be clear to someone just starting off with Nuke.

Anyway if you want PM me and i'll be glad to throw my 2c in.

tix
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:53 pm Reply with quote

If you need a translation to greek (both manual and the lang.php file) i ll be more than happy to help (can't say i am familiar though cause i tried 4 times to install sentinel but my stupidity is withous limits Bang Head Bang Head )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic