Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL
blith
Client

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:35 pm Reply with quote

I would like to replace all the ( in my downloads urls to a * so it will not set off Sentinel. Thanks

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 1:57 pm Reply with quote

Give me a for instanse. I believe I use ( in my downloads. If that is setting it off then we need to fine-toon that [possibly].

blith

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:53 pm Reply with quote

exact URL that hit it and caused a ban... take a look.

Code:
www.gamersroam.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=457&ttitle=FemmDominaArmor_(BLACK_Textures)

blith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:51 pm Reply with quote

I have over 800 downloads in my database and I was wondering if there is a way to search for titles in my database that have () in them so I can replace them. Manually if need be but I cannot go through every download page by page. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks...

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:56 pm Reply with quote

Backup the table.
Export the table contents and edit them in a good text editor, replacing () with *.
Using phpmyadmin, EMPTY the table.
Run the SQL code in the SQL window.

blith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:21 pm Reply with quote

Ahh yes very good. Thank you. Once again.. not seeing the forest for the trees. Blith remember Occam's Razor...

HauntedWebby
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:03 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Backup the table.
Export the table contents and edit them in a good text editor, replacing () with *.
Using phpmyadmin, EMPTY the table.
Run the SQL code in the SQL window.

Dang I was hopping for a quick MySQL string that would do it for me ... lol Just lazy I guess.

I'm merging two databases with different users. If i export DB#2 and change the ID numbers to start where DB#1 leaves off ... can I still just upload the edited DB#2 like normal?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:11 pm Reply with quote

This assumes that there are no posts to sync up with the user id numbers!

I would empty the table as that will reset the auto_increment. Then, set all id values to "". The database will renumber and reload them.

Now, to answer your original question, yes, numbering them like that will work. here again, that assumes there are no posts to sync up with.

HauntedWebby

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:34 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Now, to answer your original question, yes, numbering them like that will work. here again, that assumes there are no posts to sync up with.

There are some important ones, the rest I'll just delete. And I'll sync them by hand. Pretty much as it is here .. the same people do the importants posts over and over and the rest of us just blab Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL

View next topic
View previous topic