Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 am Reply with quote

I have done a brand new install of 2.52 and have an issue when I go to make a message to be shown on the home page of the site. I attempted to put an image in the message and I upload the image to server. When I click on browse then it pops up the error message I have posted.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:36 am Reply with quote

Thanks for reporting this. Did you checked the permissions of the directory: uploads? Please try to set CHMOD 755 recrussively to this directory.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:18 pm Reply with quote

That is what the permissions are set to neralex. At least when I click on properties of that folder it shows that is what it is.

neralex

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:32 pm Reply with quote

Have all files and sub-folders inside the same CHMOD setting?

FireATST

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:31 am Reply with quote

When I attempt to send a pic up to the server, it says it is sent but does not show up in the uploads folder. I manually uploaded image into the uploads folder and set permissions to 755 and still have same error message given.

neralex

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:31 am Reply with quote

I can't reproduce it because on all my installations on my local server and also on this linux-box - it works as expected. The error-message occures only, if your webserver can't get access to /uploads/-folder. One reason could be a wrong CHMOD-setting in the related folder structure or if you changed the variable $uploadpath in rnconfig.php.

FireATST

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:51 am Reply with quote

This is the upload path listed in my rnconfig.php file that is as it was unzipped from the one I downloaded.

// To override the default uploads/ folder used for storing files uploaded
// through nukeWYSIWYG via FCKeditor's filemanager.
// This should have a slash at the beginning and a slash at the end (e.g. '/files/') and is relative to the URL without subdirectories
$uploadpath = ' ';

the [b] and [u] were added by me when I posted this....Smile

neralex

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:13 pm Reply with quote

Ok, if the folder: /uploads/ exists and this folder has CHMOD 755 incl. for all subdirs and files (recrussively), then you have a issue with the READ/WRITE permissions on your webserver.

FireATST

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:31 pm Reply with quote

Humm, any other folder I have such as one that I call pics I can call up a pic in a post in the forums ok. I even went in an made a post calling up a pic that I manually put in the uploads folder and could call it up in a post and display it ok. Something doesn't make sense to me. It seems to me that the only issue I am having is through the editor, hope that this makes sense Neralex?

neralex

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:18 pm Reply with quote

Did you tested it with another browser like Firefox or Chrome or only with Microsoft's Edge? I tested it with the latest Edge, Firefox and Chrome on Windows. I also tested with Safari, Firefox and Chrome on the latest macOS High Sierra build. With all current OS- and browser-builds I'm not able to reproduce it. It works on all platforms as expected.

You can try to clear your browser-cache, re-login as admin and paste the shown link in the poped up "File Manager" window into a new browser-tab. Before you are pressing ENTER to load the pasted link, press F12 to open the DEV-Tools, click on the "console" tab and click at next on the sub-tab "Errors". Then press enter and check, if an error-message occures.

FireATST

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Yes I have cleared out cache and relogged in several times. I also tried Firefox with the same message popping up. I think I followed your directions and tried what you said but there was no error messages that I saw in the list. I have went back and looked at the uploads folder and made sure it was set to 755. If I manually enter the url in the box instead of clicking on the browse server button it called up the pic as it should this time. Sorry Neralex, at this time I am stumped as to why it pops up that message when clicking on the browse server button.

neralex

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:36 pm Reply with quote

I found the issue. It was my fault. Wink

The reason why elfinder throws this error: there are no sub-folders inside the upload-folder. The folders were not added to the GIT repository, because they are simply empty. I added now an .gitignore file in the sub-folders, so I was able to push it to the branches of the repo.

You can create simply the following folders:

/uploads/file
/uploads/flash
/uploads/image
/uploads/media

Ater that you can set the CHMOD-setting: 755 again to the uploads-folder recrussively for all files and sub-folders inside and it should work. The .gitignore files are only needed for GIT. So you can delete it or leave it, if it works.

Thank you for staying strong - it has helped me to find the right way. Wink

FireATST

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:01 am Reply with quote

Awesome Neralex! I will give that a try later today....Smile

EDIT:
I delayed getting my day going and just tried it. It worked Neralex! Smile

Now with that said I have encountered a new issue with it. It maybe a user problem since I am not familiar with elfinder lol. I assume that I highlight a pic shown to be available and right click and hit select to place the image. When I do this it pops up the following:

neralex: not existing image removed

neralex

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:35 pm Reply with quote

Try this modification in the elfinder.php:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

FireATST

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:02 pm Reply with quote

Thank you very much, all good now Neralex..Smile

neralex

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:04 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, nice! Thanks for testing. If you should find more issues with elfinder, then post it here in this thread.

RavensScripts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic