Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
Plasma
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote

Again it's been too long.. where is it I add email extensions that I do want to allow on my site?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:49 pm Reply with quote

Admin, edit users, configuration, limits

If you use nukeSPAM, and the recent edits recommended on nukeSEO.com, you can block subdomains, TLDs and specific domains. It will also block people using too many dots in their gmail address, and check registrants against databases of known spammers.

Plasma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:57 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Admin, edit users, configuration, limits

If you use nukeSPAM, and the recent edits recommended on nukeSEO.com, you can block subdomains, TLDs and specific domains. It will also block people using too many dots in their gmail address, and check registrants against databases of known spammers.

I tried getting nukeSPAM but i never received the email plus I can't use my alter email b/c it is hotmail..

do you have another link?

Plasma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:22 pm Reply with quote

I just registered again and I'm still not getting the activation email. And it's not in my junk

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote

Don't trust homtmail and use another email-adress... Wink

I got the most spam in last years from hotmail-accounts, so is it no wonder that hotmail-accounts are faster blocked through spam-blocker API than other freemail hoster. But maybe kguske can it sorted for you.

BTW: Someone here in these forums has compared RN with a knitting spool and I think its a good point to remind on it:

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:47 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
Don't trust homtmail and use another email-adress... Wink

I got the most spam in last years from hotmail-accounts, so is it no wonder that hotmail-accounts are faster blocked through spam-blocker API than other freemail hoster. But maybe kguske can it sorted for you.

BTW: Someone here in these forums has compared RN with a knitting spool and I think its a good point to remind on it:

Wink

I used my comcast and hotmail. comcast let me register but now twice I'm not getting activation email

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:55 am Reply with quote

Plasma, I activated your account manually. You should be able to log in now. I'll look into the email issue when I have a chance.

I block the hotmail domains as there is too much spam coming from it (vs. real users).

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:36 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
I'll look into the email issue when I have a chance..

I got the same issue with nukeSPAM a while ago after a user has tried to register an account with a hotmail-adress. The user registration was waiting for approval in the "waiting users" area. It seems the BotScout API stored these entries in a database and if a user with the same IP is trying it again, then BlockScout blocks each registration from the same IP, also with different email-adresses.

Plasma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:07 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Plasma, I activated your account manually. You should be able to log in now. I'll look into the email issue when I have a chance.

I block the hotmail domains as there is too much spam coming from it (vs. real users).

Thanks Kguske!

Plasma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote

I am unable to log in. I also tried to reset my password but it's not sending the email. Kguske, is there anyway you can activate my account and send me a temporary password? You can send it to the email I registered with our via PM on this site?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote

Hi Plasma - just curious if you got this working...

Plasma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Hi Plasma - just curious if you got this working...

Hi there.. I've actually been busy and haven't had time. I was able to finally download the files though.. I will try and get it going sometime in the next few days.

Plasma

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote

Update: I've install Nukespam but it appears something isn't working right. When I check user/emails/etc it says it is not connecting to the server.

Also, I am not seeing where I can block / unblock certain emails.. Ultimately that's what i wanted to do. The vast majority of the fake emails are coming from about 10 different emails..

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote

To block emails, go to admin, edit users, configuration, then on the limits tab in the blocked domains, specify:
*.kinefi.pl (to block subdomains)
*.pl (to block by TLD)
10minut.com.pl (to block a specific domain)

I'm not sure what you meant by checking user/emails/etc

You can test nukeSPAM by going to admin, nukeSPAM, check username, email and / or IP (/admin.php?op=nukeSPAMCheck)

You can turn Debug on by going to admin, nukeSPAM, nukeSPAM configuration ( /admin.php?op=nukeSPAMConfig )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic