Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
thumpn8974
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote

I am looking for a couple of things, and I am not for sure where to go. I would like to be able to modify the stationary of the email/ newsletter being sent. I would also like to be able to add attachments to send to our members. Is this possible, or is there a mod or module that does that? I want to be able to mass email my members a word document when I mail them. If you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quote

This is custom coded stuff. I have never seen a mod or module for this. Here some examples:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

But a little question: Why don't you upload the word file as ZIP on your server and put the download-link in the text of your newsletter?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:39 pm Reply with quote

There are a lot of older people in our church that just want to click on an item and it open (ie: a bulletin) if the church secretary can add the attachment and people can easily open it would be great.

neralex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote

Create a image like a bulletin, type "click to open" on it, create a hyperlink around this image directly to the link of the word-file on your server. done!

But for sure you can go the much more complicated way to re-code the whole Newsletter module.

Wink

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote

It is a much older lady that is the church secretary, and she uses outlook.com. I was just trying to find a point and click method to adding it. I doubt she has the knowledge necessary to go through all those steps. It would be nice to have those features. Other feature to change newsletter background.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic