Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
dogman1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote

I thought I was increasing security on my site by changing the setting in my Sentinel setting that dealt with proxy settings. I have limited knowledge in doing these things and believed it would screen attacks by proxy access. It instead denied access to my site and because I believe I am set up as a proxy server; ie; I have my domain thru godaddy and have it directed to my ip static address 173.186.189.169.

I am using Raven Nuke 2.4.01 and I believe my Nuke Sentinel is 2.4.

I get this message in a window when going to my site.

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I have tried with different browsers with the same failure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:17 am Reply with quote

You don't need to change that setting. You are going to have to access your control panel and go into phpMyAdmin directly to change that back.

Go to table nuke_nsnst_config (unsure if you modified the "nuke" prefix or not) and browse the records. Find the record for "proxy_switch" and set that value back to zero.

dogman1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote

I went into phpMyAdmin and found the nuke_nsnst_config, I went into it and changed the proxy_switch back to 0 and restarted the database, but I have the same problem.
It was in /ravennuke/nuke_nsnst_config/proxy_switch

Do I need to change the proxy_reason too? It says something like abuse_admin.tpl.

Thx for the help. I wish it had been something simple. Im not as computer savy as I was in my youth. Sad

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:44 pm Reply with quote

It might just be your browser cache that is still giving the the blocked page if you have returned the setting back to 0, so refreshing your browser a couple of times might fix that.

Depending on your actual blocker settings and if your IP is not in an NS protected range, it might be possibly that NS has actually permanently blocked you in which case, you'll have to check the htaccess file in your RavenNuke webroot to see if it has your IP address in there (and remove it).
If that was the case, when you get access back, go to NS administration and make sure you add your IP to the protected range to make sure it doesn't cause you a problem in the future.

On a side note, be aware that some ISP's (AOL as one example) direct all their users traffic through proxies so there is the potential to do more harm than good when turning on the proxy blocker.

dogman1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote

I went into my browser cache and cleared it.
I went into a folder in /documents and settings called cookies and deleted the ones with my static ip address in them and the the label RNYA2 test, RNYA3 test, RNYA4test all followed by long strings of numbers.
There was a seperate file with a cookie in it that had my static ip in it and the word english followed by a long line of numbers.
I checked my .htaccess file, but found no reference to my ip address.
I went into my blocker settings and did not find my static ip listed or a range that would include it.
I did look at protected ip and it says the admins personal ip but the ip address there is not my static ip. It may be the ip of my ISP. Im not sure.
Im still stumped. Not sure where else to look.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote

Did you change anything in your .htaccess or your php.ini file?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote

No. Wouldnt know what to change.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote

The only other place I can think of at this late hour is the blocked table in the database but I cannot remember the exact name off-hand. Something like nuke_ns??_blocked_ip
or nuke_ns??_blocked_ranges
Something like that but I'm sure you'll find it Wink

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:17 am Reply with quote

I think you block yourself. I mean you block your own ip address. Follow these steps. If you don't know your ip address: Type this address on your browser: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

U need to go to your phpMyadmin to follow these steps.

Note: Open your .htaccess and remove your own ip address if it is there.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:24 pm Reply with quote

Imo, this really isn't about a blocked IP. This is a browser message that in essence is saying that your request is looping and will never resolve; Point A points to Point B which Points to Point A ... Almost always this is due to a cookie issue, somewhere.

From a Command Prompt, issue the following command and run it by depressing the ENTER key:
ipconfig /flushdns.
Then:
make sure you have reset the NS proxy setting to zero,
make sure you are accepting ALL cookies (for now),
clear your browser(s) cache,
close your browser(s),
reboot your machine.

Report back and we'll go from there Wink

dogman1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote

Quote:
From a Command Prompt, issue the following command and run it by depressing the ENTER key:
ipconfig /flushdns.
Then:
make sure you have reset the NS proxy setting to zero,
make sure you are accepting ALL cookies (for now),
clear your browser(s) cache,
close your browser(s),
reboot your machine.

Report back and we'll go from there

Ok, finally got home. I tried the above but still get the same message when trying to access the site in the wwwroot directory.

I can say, I have another website on this computer the is running ok for the most part. It is at 173.186.189.169/jowg/index.php. It is running SMF. The site that will not run now is my ravennuke site at 173.186.189.169/index.php. The cookie issue only seems to be related to it. If infact it is a cookie issue.

Yes, both sites did work at the same time before I messed up this the NS proxy thing.

I do have team viewer on the machine if needed.

Reporting back Smile

nuken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote

Do you have a recent database backup? If so, compare the tables from the backup to what you see in phpmyadmin. If your backup is very recent, just run your backup.

dogman1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote

I do not. I wanted to send a copy of my .htaccess file because it has a lot of stuff Im not sure I under stand in it. Maybe someone could decode it for me or see something wrong. do I just copy and paste it in the reply as code?

nuken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote

If you want to eliminate the htaccess , rename it and see if your site will load. If you still have the problem, you know it is probably not a htaccess issue.

dogman1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:03 am Reply with quote

I renamed the htaccess file and restarted. it didnt make a difference. So ...... still struggling. Smile

dogman1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:21 am Reply with quote

Is there anywhere in the script for Nuke Sentinel that would have to do with disabling cookies or creating a redirect loop? Something I may have damaged by making that bad selection and then going into the db and resetting the switch.

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:47 am Reply with quote

Let's make sure it is Sentinel that is causing your issues. In mainfile.php, find a line that looks like this
Code:

require_once NUKE_INCLUDE_DIR . 'nukesentinel.php';

and change it to this
Code:

//require_once NUKE_INCLUDE_DIR . 'nukesentinel.php';

and make sure your site loads. If it does, we will try and address the database issue.

dogman1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:54 pm Reply with quote

This is what I found and commented out:

Code:
require_once INCLUDE_PATH . 'includes/nukesentinel.php';

The site comes back up and works. I can log into homepage and Admin console now.

So, what do I need to fix from here. Smile

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote

In phpMyAdmin, select the nuke_nsnst_config table and export it. Send me the sql for that table zipped up in a private message and I will fix it and send it back to you with instructions.

dogman1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I sent the PM.

dogman1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Nuken for helping me fix my mistake. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.' I just need to stop messing with things I don't understand.

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote

The easiest way to get a better understanding is to download something like XAMPP, WampServer or AMPPS and use that to test things on in a local environment. It is much easier to fix a test site on a localhost than to work on a live site.

dogman1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote

Makes sense. And by the way, a restart of the browser did fix the menu spaz. Thanks again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic